Trusted Contributor
(Posted in Community Chat then realized this forum)

Young adults married male/female ideas??
Frequent Contributor

Re: Need Christmas gift ideas

Are you looking for a couple gift? Some couple ideas could be a nice throw with some snack foods for a night home watching movies (think maybe a bottle of wine or some popcorn and hot cocoa) or

Another idea is gift card to a restaurant you know they would enjoy

A basket with his and her towels, shower gels/soaps and a candle. 
Something for their home you know they need -- a coffeemaker, air fryer, etc. 

A plant or decoration 

a lot depends on what they like to do. If you can tell us more about them, then we can probably come up with more ideas. For example if you told me they both like to cook, then you could buy them cooking classes at a culinary school or local community college. Or a wine tasting experience. 

Esteemed Contributor

What price range are you looking at?  There are very different suggestions @$50, $100, etc.

Trusted Contributor

I’m open
They needed a freezer so I bought a small chest freezer (already delivered today)
That wasn’t too much because it’s small
They live in a townhome
I bought her 2 reversible vests with fur on outside and puffer inside (Costco )
They just had a baby so I was thinking a birch box subscription or similar ?
Maybe spa gift card (Costco gives those deals)
I’m stumped on him. He’s my son and I can’t get him clothes he has way too man; more than I do Smiley Sad
Trusted Contributor

Thinking 100$ min each
Respected Contributor

@springers wrote:
I’m open
They needed a freezer so I bought a small chest freezer (already delivered today)
That wasn’t too much because it’s small
They live in a townhome
I bought her 2 reversible vests with fur on outside and puffer inside (Costco )
They just had a baby so I was thinking a birch box subscription or similar ?
Maybe spa gift card (Costco gives those deals)
I’m stumped on him. He’s my son and I can’t get him clothes he has way too man; more than I do Smiley Sad

I think you have good ideas already.  Maybe a food item on the Q that they might like as a special treat for their freezer.  Gift card for groceries.  Men are hard for me too.  My step son and wife are getting new knives, knife sharpener and Kansas City Steak burgers and salmon for Christmas.    All from the Q.  Two food items we really enjoy.  We are all older and  running out of ideas because we buy what we want.    They do not shop the Q but I do.  

Esteemed Contributor

As a couple get them local Resturant gift card with a bottle of wine. For her alone how about a spa gift card or her favorite store gift card. For him Amazon gift card or hardware store ( if he is inclined to shop there) A great bottle of bourbon or whiskey. 

Honored Contributor

ask them?

we don't do any presents for this time of year but if we did I would ask 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think it would be much easier to plan on doing family gifts for Christmas every year and leave the individual gifts for birthdays. Less thinking, shopping and stress that way. 

So I would return the 2 vests you got for her (or save them depending on when her birthday is) and go with the freezer theme since you already bought that. Fill it with easy foods (new baby) and/or with things they may not buy normally (one option is Omaha Steaks - they have some yummy items).

Hope that helps.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Depends what their lifestyle is, and type of young people they are, but some like those food delivery services like "Hello Fresh" "Blue Apron." There are many now, with specialty choices, I believe, such as vegetarian, keto, vegan.

I've had friends that got these as gifts and loved them. It's one of those things, for me, I've thought of trying but never have...so it's nice if someone goes ahead and gets it for you.

To me, if they are cooks they might enjoy it to try to make new things with ingredients they don't always buy. If they are not cooks, it's helpful to them.

The restaurant gift card idea works too, with a nice specialty bottle of alcohol or wine, if they are drinkers.