Respected Contributor

From NationalToday.com

The key ingredient to the perfect breakfast, this February 28, get yourself a mouth-watering stack toward heaven because it’s National Pancake Day! Celebrated annually in Spring, and since beginning its first celebration in 2006, IHOP restaurants have raised over $24 million to support charities in the communities in which they operate.

Also known as Johnnycakes, griddle cakes or hotcakes, this batter-made breakfast item dates back more than 30,000 years. In fact, it may be the oldest breakfast food in history, spanning as far back as the Stone Age and even found in the stomach of Otzi the Iceman, whose human remains are estimated to be 5,300 years old.

One of my favorite breakfast !  Did you have pancakes today ?

Honored Contributor

Funny, I just did for lunch !!! Had no clue.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

We used to go to IHOP for this when our children were young. We had so much fun! We would run into friends. It was definitely a community event, always on the same day.

Now IHOP's National Pancake Day is whenever they feel like having it! Last year it was today (the 28th); this year it was February 13. I told DH I would make pancakes for dinner. He said he'd rather pass!   Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

@Goodie2shoes    lol, I haven't had pancakes in years, but I don't know why cause I do love them!  I may fix a breakfast dinner tonight!❤️

Honored Contributor

I had pancakes today as I do every Wednesday!

Honored Contributor

I don't care for pancakes, but I'll take a waffle !🧇

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Love pancakes!

Good Old-Fashioned Pancakes Recipe (with Video)

Honored Contributor

@meallen616 wrote:

Love pancakes!

Good Old-Fashioned Pancakes Recipe (with Video)

@meallen616 I LOVE❤ a nice hot stack of fluffy pancakes every BLUE MOON, but seeing this photo makes me want some NOW!😁 I know what I will be making for breakfast this coming weekend!🥰

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

Love pancakes! Too bad I didn't know this earlier today.