Honored Contributor

My spouse is just too funny 🎄🎄🎄decorating

As most know here we are definitely "challenged" this year with his health issues.

Today, most are outside in this humidity & 80+ degrees putting up 🎄 decor (which always baffles me how Floridians enjoy this) anyway, I digress.

He casually said to me: "I have idea just call those guys to come and setup 🎄 lights, tree, decor, inside too we can afford it." 

Me:  Sounds great but you have to provide the stuff which is up in our attic.  I doubt they go up there.

Next thing I know he's trying to find a number through information.  I said they don't have "information on phone anymore".  I'll look up on internet.

OMG, he calls this company and tells the person what he needs, etc.   I was "dying" he kept saying "your the decorator don't you rent trees, decor" -- I can only imagine what the person on the other end thought...they're coming Tuesday...guess they do go up in attics for $$$ or we will be surprised😉🙂

This should be interesting ...he's determined to make this a great 🎄 in 46 years never seen so interested in the process.  

Unless  @Regal Bee can fit us in her decorating schedule or anyone else here who always shares great pics & ideas want to volunteer 🙂we maybe back to square one😉😉😉. ( I'm actually enjoying it -- but, whose putting away the 🍂🍁🎃 stuff.)

Honored Contributor

Re: My spouse is just too funny 🎄🎄🎄decorating

@homedecor1 It's all normal here.  After surgery a few years ago, and many injuries among people we know, we hire it done.  It's a lot cheaper then the hospital bills for sure.  We do not do ladders now.  

They come and go get the big tree out of the attic walk out, put it up, and do the outside lights and all in all they do it a zillion times faster and safer than we could.  Actually we aren't up to it any more.  

Our guys who mow do it or a local small moving company does it.  I like it when they do because they have the tree up in no time and in the rest of the time move boxes, move furniture, turn the mattress or whatever! 

I look forward to it all year and have my list ready!  LOL

There are lots of places that do lights and most will use your lights or rent them to you.  

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1   This is funny but I love it. So glad your hubby is interested in the decorating.....that is a good sign!  I'm too busy to hire out, just now........Smiley Wink

It is very cool here today and we will try and put up our exterior lights. My husband was raised int he Midwest and hates cold weather so he commented this morning....."I didn't move to Florida for this!"  The warmer the weather, the better he likes it. Yikes.

Post pictures when you can.............

Honored Contributor

@Regal Bee A long long time ago one freezing day out putting up lights we swore we'd never put them out later than 2nd week in November again, and we never did!  

We would turn them on Thanksgiving but boy they went out while the weather was still good after that awful experience!

Now we are old, husband is not allowed on ladders (we agreed on this!) so we hire it done. We look at it as a good deed to us and a gift to someone who needs a job. 

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 I'm glad you will have help this year.  I look forward to hearing the story of how the whole experience plays out.

We don't put up a tree at our home because we spend Christmas with my parents and put up their tree.  We had about three years where we didn't put up a tree at their house either because it was just too much work with all of the other tasks that needed to be accomplished.  Last year, we couldn't travel and my nephew who lives near my parents decided enough was enough.  He went to Home Depot, bought an artificial tree with LED lights and dragged out all of the ornaments from my parent's attic and decorated it.  My mother said it looked horrible, but my nephew was happy, so she didn't say anything.  

I guess we will see if we can improve on the decorating aspect of the tree this year with the help of the aforementioned able-bodied nephew.

Honored Contributor

Is outside decor mandatory in you neighborhood?  I imagine there are many seniors there unable to climb ladders and do the work involved.  I stick a wreath on the front door and call it good. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Is outside decor mandatory in you neighborhood?  I imagine there are many seniors there unable to climb ladders and do the work involved.  I stick a wreath on the front door and call it good. 

@Kachina624 It is mandatory with us as long as we are able to pay for it and enjoy it.  And because so many people in this 'hood do put up some sort of outdoor display, it is one reason we love living here and look forward to the season.

No family to celebrate with, so it's up to us what special things we do.  

Valued Contributor

homedeco1....thanks for the laugh. I see myself and husband in some comments.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 

Absolutely not but I'm finding my "grinch" a "gem" this year really getting into the "🎄 spirit".😉🙂

I just took down the so called "few Fall things" which equates to 3 storage containers because most are dishes/glass pieces.  Nicely tucked in garage.

@Regal Bee @Sooner @Marsha2003 and others:

I honestly did not know they'd go up in the attic...so, I'm doing the happy dance. Thank you for letting me know.

===

Today he suggested I call our handyman vs. the light guy.  He feels I won't need to wait--I'm in no hurry 

I've got a big sorting job ahead I know I have a lot of 🎄🎄🎄🎅🏻🎅🏻🦩🦩😉

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 Idon't know about an attic with the fold down stairs.  Our attic is a walk-out attic from the second story, so I would clear that with them before you hire someone.