Respected Contributor

Re: My no ornament tree

[ Edited ]

@ladycos wrote:
@SunValley
It looks very elegant. You have a good eye for decorating
I decorated with branches and picks for several years and it was so easy to take down. And easier to store.
But this year I’m in trouble! Lol. A tree full of stuff!
Enjoy your tree,it is beautiful.

Several of you mentioned this; I think the ease of undecorating was very persuasive in my decision. Lol

Valued Contributor

@SunValley  Lovely!   I've gone with just lights and garland in past years.

This year will most likely do similar with clear lights and faceted crystal bead garlands

and topped with a crystal snowflake.

I enjoy seeing the nature of the tree first and not being overwhelmed with ornaments on top of ornaments. 

~ To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Remain Silent ~
Honored Contributor

Re: My no ornament tree

[ Edited ]

@SunValley  Your tree is stunning...absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for sharing Smiley Very Happy

I only decorated our main tree. The other ones I didn't even put a single ornament or garland on. I really like the natural look with just lights too.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for your great ideas for lovely trees. It’s nice to mix it up every few years!

Honored Contributor

I like it, it's plenty decorated for my taste.

Honored Contributor

This is really beautiful, I especially like it in the white lights. 

I've gone rogue the last couple of years with one of my trees too, decorating it with small vintage/antique black and white family photos in gold frames, and picks to fill in the spaces.

It's definitely fun to do different and non traditional trees. I have to admit, that by the time I had gotten my son raised, I was a little tired of the same old tree decor every year. Fun to branch out, regardless of how sentimental the old ornaments become. 

Respected Contributor

I have a delicate 14 inch tree with the snow that came on it and lights. I call it my winter tree and leave it on my hutch all winter. 

I love your tree.

Trusted Contributor

Very etherial and peaceful.  Exactly what a tree should be.  

Looks like a great tree to take a nice afternoon winters nap near (love the light a tree gives - best nap lights ever)

Enjoy and Happy Holidays!  Thanks for sharing!

Respected Contributor

My girlfriend did something similar.  Instead of the traditional tree top, she had a beautiful mauve bow with streamers hanging down.  The only other decorations were tiny white lights.  Beautiful, especially at night when the tree was lit.  Guess less is more. 

Honored Contributor

It's very pretty even without ornaments.