Honored Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

This year I tried something different. After I put on the swags and picks, I decided to stop there. The tree has clear and multi color or slow changing modes. I may never do this again, but I’m enjoying it.

Wishing my Holiday posting friends a season of lights that stay lit, toppers that don’t topple, and trees that thrill!

1B8D762A-61C6-421C-8646-8770DE75DA2B.jpeg6DDF7118-CBCB-4F03-B39C-CB261F0D3754.jpegE087DE4E-06BF-4E8E-AB29-B67D65FAFC01.jpeg

SO BEAUTIFUL!! We’ve been doing this since the grandchildren have begun to toddle around. This year our tree will have a string of angels carrying lighted candles, Star Wars, and, the MadameAlexander Lenox tree topper that is the image of our angel faced granddaughter- nothing more. 

The babies know that the lights are “hot” (they aren’t, but it helps the 2 year olds remember), and the small tree will be on a table high enough so that they can’t pull it over.

Don’t know about when I’ll be going back to individual ornaments, because the 9 month old will be toddling NEXT year.....

I LOVE being a GRANDMA!

Respected Contributor

What a beautiful tree! Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Super Contributor

@SunValley  Your tree is lovely. It appears to be a table top tree.I believe a smaller tree looks best when not loaded with ornaments. It allows the beauty of the tree to shine through.

Honored Contributor

@SunValley  I like your tree, picks can do wonders.

I did this on two trees this year, except that along with picks, I added clip birds and clear icicles, a first time using icicles.  This tree is normally a gingerbread and candy tree, so quite a difference, but I am liking it.  

The other tree is Valerie's 5' slim tree, which really needs no decor, it is in the bedroom, easy, peasy.  I did decorate the living in vintage, so all trees this year are very different from the usual.

Respected Contributor

@texassunflower wrote:

@SunValley  Your tree is lovely. It appears to be a table top tree.I believe a smaller tree looks best when not loaded with ornaments. It allows the beauty of the tree to shine through.

@texassunflower Thank you! The tree is actually 5 feet tall. I have it placed in an urn that has a built-in Christmas tree stand. I placed the urn on a 20”-high small round coffee table my dad made years ago for the patio, so it’s about 7 feet high in total.

Honored Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

This year I tried something different. After I put on the swags and picks, I decided to stop there. The tree has clear and multi color or slow changing modes. I may never do this again, but I’m enjoying it.

Wishing my Holiday posting friends a season of lights that stay lit, toppers that don’t topple, and trees that thrill!

1B8D762A-61C6-421C-8646-8770DE75DA2B.jpeg6DDF7118-CBCB-4F03-B39C-CB261F0D3754.jpegE087DE4E-06BF-4E8E-AB29-B67D65FAFC01.jpeg

@SunValley

I love your tree.  There is no need for traditional ornaments.  I love the natural look.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

Great idea.  I don't miss the ornaments, the free has plenty of interest.

Respected Contributor

It's very pretty.     Please tell me.... what are picks and swags?

Respected Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

It's very pretty.     Please tell me.... what are picks and swags?

@Bridgegal The swags and branch-like picks were purchased from a local import store that went out of business a few years ago (darn), and I found the spiral picks and sparkly feather-like picks at Walmart. Spiral ones are sold individually but the “feathers” are sold in a pack of 6 for $3. They don’t look like much jumbled up in a cardboard display box but I thought they had potential. All come in silver, white, and soft gold. My swags and large picks are champagne colored, so I thought the different metal colors would complement each other and give the tree some dimension.

The swan at the top is a pick I found at Big Lots, and I used it to frame the angel topper.

Honored Contributor

@SunValley  Very beautiful tree!  I'm tempted to try that next year, I love it.