Respected Contributor

AFCD195B-00CF-4597-AE65-38D8E3BC5ED3.jpeg

Last year, Martha Stewart offered some beautiful figural Luminara candles.  After much internal debate, I decided to order one of each: red Santa, blue snowman, and green tree.  To my dismay, my order was messed up and I received a Santa and two snowmen. No tree.  I decided to keep the extra snowman and gift it to my snowman loving MIL.  But I was still bummed I didn't get the tree. 

There was an HSN outlet near me that I think I might have visited once many years ago.  I noticed recently it was converted to a QVC outlet.  Today I was doing an errand and decided to stop in to see what they had.  Lo and behold I found one of Martha's green tree figural candles.  It was wrapped in cellophane with the remote attached.  It seemed in decent condition.   I walked around and found one more.  No box, no cellophane, no remote, and it rattled a little when I shook it.  Hmmmm.  They have a 30 day return policy and they were 70% off so I decided to take a chance on both at $14 each!   When I got home I tried batteries in each to see if they worked. The one in cellophane worked.  The barenaked one didn't work at first.  I looked closely to find that the rattling I heard was the loose flame. I snapped it back into place and it works perfectly!  

With so much ****** going on in the world and feeling like my job is up in the air, sometimes it's the little things that help lift one's mood.  If you made it this far, thanks for listening.  Remember to treasure your freedom...

formerly known as morewineplease

Respected Contributor

@crazycockermom 

I ordered all three last year and my order was messed up too! I never received the green one. I love it! These candles look really nice in person.

Respected Contributor

Very nice. And you're right. Sometimes it's the smallest of things that put a smile on your face.

Respected Contributor
@froggy
I’m sorry you never received the green one either. I was hoping Martha offered them again because they obviously were a hit!
Respected Contributor
@Etoile308
Thanks for understanding 😊
Respected Contributor

@crazycockermom   Congratulations on your find. They are very attractive and a great price to boot. 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Respected Contributor

Re: My latest MS find!

[ Edited ]

@luvzchiz
Thanks! When I first saw the sticker price at $50+ and the condition it was in (no box, etc.), I hesitated. Then I saw it was on the 70% off rack. Woohoo!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Great find!  

Regular Contributor

So very true~ it is the little things in life.

Also, I do treasure my freedom ~ thank you for the gentle remInder.