Valued Contributor

@MominohioVery beautifully done! Thank you for posting your beautiful home. pinky

Respected Contributor
Everything is beautiful! Love the way you displayed the truck. Also love the snowmen in the lantern. You are making me want to get some of the white lanterns. So pretty!
Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

20171127_154805.jpg

@Mominohio  All your decor vignettes are all wonderfully put together! I had a hard time deciding which one was my fave, but this one won my heart. I love your vintage/antique clocks and your salt glaze pottery pieces! Thank you for sharing. Your home is very inviting...happy holidays! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: My holiday home

[ Edited ]

@crazycockermom wrote:
Everything is beautiful! Love the way you displayed the truck. Also love the snowmen in the lantern. You are making me want to get some of the white lanterns. So pretty!

@crazycockermom

I'm so glad to see you on here. I've missed you this holiday season. If  you've been posting much, I've somehow missed a lot of it!

Hope you and your family are having a wonderful holiday season, and the sweet pups are all doing well!

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

20171127_154805.jpg

@Mominohio  All your decor vignettes are all wonderfully put together! I had a hard time deciding which one was my fave, but this one won my heart. I love your vintage/antique clocks and your salt glaze pottery pieces! Thank you for sharing. Your home is very inviting...happy holidays! Smiley Happy

@Susan Louise

Thank you so much! I was just perusing your ornaments in the other thread, and recognized so many that I have. Some came from my childhood, but I worked for a lot of years in thrift stores, and there was a time, back in the early 90's when we couldn't give away Shiny Brite ornaments and their off branded cousins. I picked up quite a few, some much older than those, from back in the 20's. Now I wish I had purchased more of them! 

Respected Contributor
@Mominohio
I’ve hardly posted at all. I’ve missed being here. ☹️
I’ve been so busy, that all I want for Christmas is a nap.
I hope to post some pics tomorrow of my holiday decor, with some gratuitous pics of my pups of course. 😊
Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

20171127_154805.jpg

@Susan Louise

Thank you so much! I was just perusing your ornaments in the other thread, and recognized so many that I have. Some came from my childhood, but I worked for a lot of years in thrift stores, and there was a time, back in the early 90's when we couldn't give away Shiny Brite ornaments and their off branded cousins. I picked up quite a few, some much older than those, from back in the 20's. Now I wish I had purchased more of them! 

@Mominohio  In the collection of vintage ornaments I acquired/collected the past several weeks, the oldest ones I have are from the late 1930's. I think it is so neat you have ones even older from the 1920's! Smiley Happy

Working in a thrift shop must have been fun...and dangerous...LOL 

I never had worked in one myself, but I do remember how going to estate sales became addictive for me when I was still collecting artglass. Have Mercy!  I had WAY too much fun...

Thankfully I was able to stop the insanity when I ran out of room in the curio cabinet and wall unit for 1 more piece. The 1st few weeks of not going to the estate sales was hard. I admit to having withdrawls!

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise

There is indeed a withdrawal process from collecting. When you reach capacity with some item and you know it, it seems like it would be easy to stop frequenting the venue that supplies those things, but it really isn't that easy. 

You sometimes really have to break the cycle of going to the auctions or thrifts stores, and those first few weeks you find your mind wandering to those places!

We love auctions, and yes, working in thrift stores for many years, was dangerous! I acquired way more things than anyone needs!

It is fun while it lasts, though, that thrill of the hunt for those things that interest you! I think I simply move from one 'addiction' to the next, though!

Super Contributor

@Snicks1 wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

20171127_155939.jpg

I also really love this one. You did a great job on your decor.

@Snicks1 I agree! They all were pretty but this one is just so beautiful and serene. 

@MominohioI think I mentioned before in another post that you remind me of my daughter. When I showed her this photo she flipped over it and REALLY loved the owl. Smiley Happy

I don't always respond on everyone's holiday decor pics, but I do look at every single one. It has helped put me back into the Christmas spirit on those days when I can feel it slipping (work has been really tough lately, but that's another story). 

I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU for all that have shared their photos on this board. I bet I'm not the only one that appreciates them but doesn't always post that appreciation. 

Merry Christmas! Heart

Never mistake kindness for weakness
Super Contributor
@mominihio... you’re home is like a lovely country gift shop, just beautiful.
My kind of style! Happy Holidays 🎄