Honored Contributor

Just beautiful. Especially love the old Santas.

Super Contributor

@Mominohio...absolutely lovely! Thank you for the Christmas tour of your home! Love each of your vignettes but I am especially taken with the lanterns and poinsettias on the stairs ...and the way you incorporate lanterns with your treasures.

Trusted Contributor

Elegant and lovely. Thanks for sharing.☺🎄

Honored Contributor

Very pretty decorating, thanks for sharing,

http://www.goodlightscraps.com/content/seasons-greetings/seasons-greetings-9.gif

Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio

Everything is so pretty and cozy!  Merry Christmas!

Honored Contributor

Re: My holiday home

[ Edited ]

@racada wrote:

@Mominohio.........❤️❤️❤️❤️ everything!!!!!  Thank you so much for sharing!  I really like the drum candle holders.....image.jpeg

@racada

I'm so glad you noticed those!

Again, how decorating can be so cheap!

I do a nutcracker/soldier theme in the living room (and I only do the ones that are gold and ivory, and only have a few), and one day my husband who goes to auctions all the time, comes home with boxes of Christmas junk. I sifted through them and found those beauties. 

They are actually made to be gift boxes, so of a heavy cardboard material, the lids come off, so you can store in them, painted in a metallic gold, and match the nutcracker theme in that room so well! And they were in perfect condition, not a mark on them.

I knew I could work them in somewhere, and they cost essentially nothing!

This picture is the top of my curio cabinet. I posted pictures of it last year, but the glare on the glass is such that I just can't get good shots of what is inside. Too bad, because I love the way it turned out. 

Honored Contributor

@Zsazsa wrote:

@Mominohio...absolutely lovely! Thank you for the Christmas tour of your home! Love each of your vignettes but I am especially taken with the lanterns and poinsettias on the stairs ...and the way you incorporate lanterns with your treasures.

@Zsazsa

I have 'lantern fever' that is for sure. 

I like the big ones best, as there is room to do so much inside them, besides just candles and rings. 

Super Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@racada wrote:

@Mominohio.........❤️❤️❤️❤️ everything!!!!!  Thank you so much for sharing!  I really like the drum candle holders.....image.jpeg

@racada

I'm so glad you noticed those!

Again, how decorating can be so cheap!

I do a nutcracker/soldier theme in the living room (and I only do the ones that are gold and ivory, and only have a few), and one day my husband who goes to auctions all the time, comes home with boxes of Christmas junk. I sifted through them and found those beauties. 

They are actually made to be gift boxes, so of a heavy cardboard material, the lids come off, so you can store in them, painted in a metallic gold, and match the nutcracker theme in that room so well! And they were in perfect condition, not a mark on them.

I knew I could work them in somewhere, and they cost essentially nothing!

This picture is the top of my curio cabinet. I posted pictures of it last year, but the glare on the glass is such that I just can't get good shots of what is inside. Too bad, because I love the way it turned out. 

I love finds like that! The whole look of the drums and the greenery and the glass candle is just so nice. Thanks for sharing the story.....your home is lovely!

Honored Contributor

Wonderful, warm, and welcoming...your home reminds me of a Hallmark Christmas movie. It is so cozy and inviting.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio Everything is so pretty. That's exactly what I was thinking @DREAMON, like Hallmark. So traditional and inviting.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"