Honored Contributor

Re: My holiday decor is still up!

@Mominohio 

Just to be able to "store" each rooms decor in the actual room would be a big accomplishment for me ...never happen🙃☹️🙄

Maybe, it's better to leave it up since you decorate not just "Christmas" theme the house looks so bare & gloomy after I take it down☹️

I only have a few Valentine things -- looking forward to Easter decorating ...lord knows I have a 🐰🐰🐰🐰obsession🤦‍♀️🙈

Feel better soon😊😊💐💐

Valued Contributor

With the exception of Easter, Halloween/Fall & Christmas which is stored upstairs in 2 designated areas, all my other Holiday decorations (Valentine's, St Patrick's, Red White & Blue, Summer) fit in a medium size cabinet in my living room. It keeps it manageable & if I buy something new and it doesn't fit in that cabinet, something has to go!

As far as keeping Christmas still up, do what works for you! Heck, some people keep Christmas decor up all year! Your home/space, your rules!!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I leave mine up until I decorate for spring.  Actually, it's mostly winter stuff anyway except for the nativity crib which is a reminder for me. 

I have two of Valerie's plug in, lit 3' snow capped downswept trees by my fireplace, (one of my best purchases) two plug in 2' trees, finials around, lanterns, candles both real and luminara.  The trees and luminaras are all on timers.  I even have a pair of winter gnomes....so cute.

I like the lights, doesn't make the dreariness of the gloomy winter days seem so bad and long.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Mominohio 

Just to be able to "store" each rooms decor in the actual room would be a big accomplishment for me ...never happen🙃☹️🙄

Maybe, it's better to leave it up since you decorate not just "Christmas" theme the house looks so bare & gloomy after I take it down☹️

I only have a few Valentine things -- looking forward to Easter decorating ...lord knows I have a 🐰🐰🐰🐰obsession🤦‍♀️🙈

Feel better soon😊😊💐💐

@homedecor1 

You? Bunnies? An obsession? 

I had no idea! Smiley LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I put up a few Valentine touches in January and today my son came for my LR furniture and I didn't realize that I still had the Christmas wreath on. Yikes, took it off and decided not to put on the Valentine wreath. Will wait until March and put up the spring one. 

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio 

I have not had 1 "hop in my cart" as yet ...I just sold my VPH over abundance of "lighted trees" (sadly I had to basically giveaway).

So, I'm trying very hard not to buy anything I will end up selling for pennies when I grow tired of them. 😉🤦‍♀️

Valued Contributor

My decor is down, and mostly put away, but. . .  I still have a bunch of it piled on the bed in my guest room.  It's mostly linens, blankets and pillow covers.  I just don't have the gumption to deal with it.  Hopefully I'll have it put away in time for CIJ!!  

Respected Contributor

Today I put my sleigh and big snowman away. Put out a few Spring things out. Have more to do.

Respected Contributor

I just put away my snowman and large Angel this week. Now that it stays light later no need for the lighted Angel and snowman. Some years I put it away earlier then others. I transitioned to some spring decor. I have downsized considerably with December holiday theme items and now storing most in my curio or China cupboard. Planning for future move to a considerably smaller place for senior years so won’t have much storage when I do.
Respected Contributor

I am about to take down my Christmas wreaths and put my spring wreaths up. Have never been this slow.