Respected Contributor

@Luvsmyfam   congrats to you and your niece,  Welcome little one!  

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam 

I thought your family had a little get together about 2 months ago and it went well?   

Respected Contributor

yes we did,and 6 days later 2 relatives got covid.thankfully mild symptoms. No,my family is not taking another chance until we are all vaccinated. Just very depressing.all of us wore masks, and it still happened.

Honored Contributor

Those of us who have already been sick with the virus are going to gather in my home this Easter. That includes just myself, my husband, my son, dil, and grandson. My mom lives next door, but will not be attending as she has not been sick or vaccinated. None of us have been vaccinated, but all were sick in the last 3-4 months and either tested positive for the virus or the antibodies afterward. 

If we aren't safe at this point (and I do mean at this point, not forever, as the antibodies will expire) then I guess it will be what it will be. 

CDC is so screwed up in what is, what isn't, what will be,what was, etc. so we are going with it. I'm done being bullied and shamed. Back when I got the virus, I was a completely crazed nut in not going, doing, wearing masks, sanitizing everything, allowing no one in my home, going nowhere but the grocery, in contact with no one but husband, and even then, different bathrooms, bedrooms, sanitizing all surfaces multiple times a day, sanitizing groceries and incoming packages, mail etc. It was nuts, and still got sick (I'm guessing husband brought it home from work). So we are beginning to return to normal, while we have some antibodies and decide on if/when/which/and where to get the vaccine.

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam 

I certainly understand the caution.   My mom lives directly across the road, and I haven't been inside her house since Dec 19th.  I talk to her on the phone, and drop off groceries or fast food to her outside.  

I will be fully vaccinated by her May birthday, and can't wait to hug her!   

Valued Contributor

This Sunday we will be having our first family and friends holiday get together,  I can't wait!

Starting small 6 adults , all vaccinated and 2 pre schoolers.

Having brunch and after that an Easter egg hunt.

I hope y'all have a special Easter,  whatever that means to you. 

Esteemed Contributor

Well, my sister wanted DD and I to come for a dinner today, Saturday.  Her DD's family is coming from Pittsburgh area. 2 adults, 2 teenage boys, a nearly 5 yr. old boy and a 3 yr.old girl.

Neither my DS, BIL or I have been vaccinated.  My sister is very ill. She has an auto immunine disease, cirrohsis of the liver, congestive heart failure, stomach bleeding (she had her 6th transfusion yesterday) and diabetes. She has been in the hospital 4 times in the last few months. She can't afford to take chances with her health.

The Pittsburgh crew has been quarrantined 3 times because one or the other has been exposed. they don't wear masks at sister's house.

Nope, am not going. If we were vaccinated I would feel different. My DD works 5 days a week and is in and out of grocery stores. She wears a mask and all, but she doesn't want to take a chance on getting my sister sick.

We will sit this one out, maybe we can all get vaccinated and have a thing on the 4th of July.