Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

My DH and I continue to be extremely careful.  We have both been vaccinated, but realize there are variants out there whose effects are yet unknown.  And we would never want to risk infecting anyone, as it could still happen.

That said, we are going on a mini-vacation in September.  We have rented a house on the Cape where we have stayed before.  It is large and very comfortable and very-well equipped.

We will be avoiding crowds, not eating out, but enjoying a different environment we are familiar with.  Walking on a beach at sunset, nature walks, etc., will make us happy.  And eating take-out dinners every night.  It would be wonderful if Christmas could be celebrated in a normal way this year, but it will require cooperation from people.  Patience, resilience, and cooperation are virtues that hold promise.

@PamfromCT  That is exactly what we did last August. Four of us rented a beautiful home on the Cape and did as you did. Since this was last year we had to bring our own bedding and towels. Edited to add, it may have been earlier than August. I can't remember. Lol

Respected Contributor

so am I being scolded for my reasonings and feelings?I truly think alot of people think and feel the same way I do.dang it.covid has ruled my life for over a yr and I'm really tired of it.

Respected Contributor

that sounds like a wonderful vacation pamfromct.something to look forward to.i guess I should be thankful for what I have,instead of what I don't have.for instance,my neice is having her first baby today,not sure when I will get to meet the little guy,but it is something to look forward to

Respected Contributor

We're having Easter dinner with my 95 year old Aunt. We're picking up crab cake dinners from one of our favorite restaurants and taking them to her house. At her request, I'm making strawberry shortcake for dessert. Thanks to her old TV trays, we'll be able to enjoy our Easter dinner together while maintaining our distance.

DH and I are going to the Outer Banks the last 2 weeks in May. We've rented the same house for years and have always brought our own linens (part of the rental terms). This year I'm going to bring extra sanitizer gels, sprays and wipes, as well as liquid soap for frequent hand washing. 

Honored Contributor

We have NEVER stopped having holidays together. ALL holidays including Mom/Dad day, Mem Day,Labor Day....etc

My family is very important to me and we all decided not to stop living.  There are only 5 adults and 2 grandbabies.

I'm glad we didn't hide...my DD is moving at the end of April more than 3000 miles away for a job transfer.

We will be missing her all holidays in the future except maybe Christmas.

Some had Covid, some not,  some have been vaccinated, some not...ALL HAVE SURVIVED just fine.

Respected Contributor

I think all of us consider our families very important.  

I consider following guidelines on the pandemic to be my duty as a responsible human being.  Do what is within my power to not possibly spread the virus, get ill myself, and tax an already over-burdened healthcare system.

I laugh when I see the "living in fear" comments.  I am not fearful...I am cautious.  There is a difference.  

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it's calling out another poster.

Honored Contributor

I think we will be fine.  I think some will mask up for quite a while.  

Many craft shoes are scheduled here from August (outside normally) into October (in the civic center as usual).  Some will come, some won't.

I have worked all winter, washed my hands, never touch my face without a tissue as usual, and have had on a mask.  I haven't picked up the virus at all.

Where I work, we lysol or alcohol wipe the counter and card machine after every person.  Dressing rooms get wiped down after every person and only every other one is used for distancing.

Respected Contributor

@PamfromCT   wow, very nice.  2 friends and I went to the beach last October.  House we normally rent.  Drove, masked, social distanced.  We ate out once at the beach (in a little side room by ourselves). The rest of the week we cooked.  It was probably one of my favorite weeks last year.  Have fun at the cape!   It was a real vacation.  Beach time, walks, and peace!  

We are still being very cautious!  We didn’t do this for 13 months for nothing.  Just a few family members still need their second shot.  (Including me). 

@alicedee   I’m with you.  We are living while being extra cautious,  it’s not fear, it’s respect for others and ourselves.  

Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

I so wish posters would not continue their "life is for the living!" 

or "I feel sorry for those living in fear!"

while exulting about all the "normal" and wonderful things they are doing, continuing to

do everything they ever did before.

How is that helpful? 

Whether intended or not, it rather sounds like a put down of anyone who is not having the wonderful living and gathering that is described.

It is not kind, not good, so what is the point? Carry on with all your activities just like before there ever was anything to ever be concerned about. And no need in a not so subtle way, (whether intended or not)  to add these kind of phrases at the end of all the wonderful things you may be doing with family. 

Actually, I just hope all those who are "living in fear"/aka being safe! or those bragging about all the wonderful things they are doing and have continued to do that we all remain safe and hopefully alive to post about it next year! 

@on the bay I will add two thoughts to that:  Unfortunately some who quit living in fear recently died; some of us haven't had family gatherings to miss for many many years.

Be considerate of other people's lives please.  One can have a good life without being a carbon copy of your life.