Honored Contributor

What are you going to fill you sleigh with?

I have the white porcelain sleigh from last year (glitter!!!!) and I filled it with small red ornaments and a few evergreen picks. It was very pretty.

Honored Contributor

Re: My deer and sleigh...

[ Edited ]

@SHOPR  I'm so happy that your deer arrived in great condition. 

I can tell by looking at your pictures that you will have to decide where you like them best.  I do love that old gold frame on the mirror too.  That's great when you have more than one place to use something as it gives more flexibility with the piece(s).  Those of us who have the deer know they have a nice body color so we can see using the pinecone pedestal with them.

I'm done ordering for this year, yes, i am.  I still have several things to come in next week but then I will be finished.  I know I've said that before but I'm starting to pack up harvest soon and get going with Christmas so I have to get everything delivered and sorted as to where it's going.

SHOPR, enjoy your deer.  Have you found enough to use them with that you don't need the Bronze sleigh?

Esteemed Contributor

@lucymo, Thank you. I am still very undecided about getting another sleigh.  I need to decide soon or it could sell out.  

I'm also still wanting to see the CB metallic deer.  Is it possible for you (or @mousiegirl)  to determine whether or not the CB deer might work with my dark gold mirror and natural pinecone pedestals on my buffet?  My fear is that they will look too shiny and not rustic or burnished enough to use there, or that the color will clash.  Sorry that the pic is so cropped. 

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@lucymo, Thank you. I am still very undecided about getting another sleigh.  I need to decide soon or it could sell out.  

I'm also still wanting to see the CB metallic deer.  Is it possible for you (or @mousiegirl)  to determine whether or not the CB deer might work with my dark gold mirror and natural pinecone pedestals on my buffet?  My fear is that they will look too shiny and not rustic or burnished enough to use there, or that the color will clash.  Sorry that the pic is so cropped. 

@SHOPR  Mine are not shiny, they are burnished, and even though they are more gold, I see silver throughout.  Can you copy and paste my picture and lucymo's and print a picture, then hold them up to your mirror?  I have done this many times to see if colors of something I find online will go with what I have here.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl, Thank you. I may try your good idea  tomorrow.   I am open to adding something with some silver in it, like the CB deer, as long as it "goes" and doesn't stand out in a bad way next to my other things.

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@SHOPR  This is a tough one.  My CB deer are more silver and @mousiegirl's are more gold.  I don't think my deer would work well with the gold mirror and pinecone pedestal because they are very bright, not shiny, and silvery.  If you can see them at the store and find some that's more gold it would probably work.  Bear in mind that the deer come in separately and could be like mine or maybe have more of the gold brushing on them like mousiegirl's. 

I plan to use my deer on top of the entertainment center mixed with others  among faux evergreen trees so the color isn't so important there.

I wish I could be of more help but I don't want you to buy them and be disappointed if they don't work where you want to use them.  I'm looking at my deer and from across the room they really show silver.

100_2929.jpg

I had to use the flash because the room is dark.  I know you have the gold deer so this might help you see my color better.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@SHOPR  This is a tough one.  My CB deer are more silver and @mousiegirl's are more gold.  I don't think my deer would work well with the gold mirror and pinecone pedestal because they are very bright, not shiny, and silvery.  If you can see them at the store and find some that's more gold it would probably work.  Bear in mind that the deer come in separately and could be like mine or maybe have more of the gold brushing on them like mousiegirl's. 

I plan to use my deer on top of the entertainment center mixed with others  among faux evergreen trees so the color isn't so important there.

I wish I could be of more help but I don't want you to buy them and be disappointed if they don't work where you want to use them.  I'm looking at my deer and from across the room they really show silver.

100_2929.jpg

I had to use the flash because the room is dark.  I know you have the gold deer so this might help you see my color better.

@lucymo wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

100_2929.jpg

@lucymo  Did you get a replacement for the broken antler deer?

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

100_2929.jpg

@lucymo wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

100_2929.jpg

@lucymo  Did you get a replacement for the broken antler deer?

@mousiegirl  I repaired the antler on this one and you can't tell it even close up.  I returned one of the broken ones.  Don't have my refund yet but they just got it last Thursday. I can't believe they were both broken and it was like the seals on the packing boxes weren't right.  I told them the story but not sure about their CS, we'll see.

Esteemed Contributor

@lucymo, It was so sweet of you to take another pic next to the gold deer that I also have.  I will study all of the pics again tomorrow when I'm on the big computer.  On my phone I agree with you that they may not be a good choice to use there.  It is doubtful that the nearest CB will even have them and that is why I'm trying to figure out what the chances are of them working for me if I were to order them.  

Thank you again for the help.  :-)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SHOPR wrote:

@lucymo, It was so sweet of you to take another pic next to the gold deer that I also have.  I will study all of the pics again tomorrow when I'm on the big computer.  On my phone I agree with you that they may not be a good choice to use there.  It is doubtful that the nearest CB will even have them and that is why I'm trying to figure out what the chances are of them working for me if I were to order them.  

Thank you again for the help.  :-)

@SHOPR  Here you go!  Mine are a little darker than the picture.DSCF2133.JPG