Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@Spurt  I cooked a crock pot of blackeyed peas and ham yesterday and they were really good with cornbread and fried cabbage.  Now, if I keep buying decor  I'll have to omit the ham from the Black eyed peas.  Listen, where there's a will, there's a way or so I hear.  I certainly have the will.  LOL

Spurt, one good thing about all of this buying, we will use what's in the pantry and save having to discard some of it later on.  Justification.  Smiley Happy

@lucymo

LOL so true so true.....In fact Im going with my sis later this afternoon to help her purchase a new artificial tree and new garland etc....So when I went grocery shopping on Friday I planned my weekly food menu accordingly and thought of the things I had in my freezer and pantry that I still need to make, so I saved a bundle on my grocery bill----because I knew I will see something I will not be able to resist in Christmas decor today--Woman LOL  And I'm sure your blackeyed peas, cornbread, and fried cabbage will still taste delicious even without the ham Smiley Wink

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor
@Spurt
If my pic makes you re-think your display, then I'm happy to enable. Enough people on here have enabled me, so it's my turn!

@lucymo
Why did you have to post that deer? Smiley Wink I really like it! But I will avoid Big Lots, the one nearest me that I know if isn't in the best area, so I will resist temptation. I have enough things, don't need more this season except for a few basic items (and the red MG trees which I haven't ordered yet because I'm hoping th price goes down, but I think they are on easy pay so...)

I did, however, consider getting the antique holly and pinecone tree. Either the bronze to go with my bronze stuff, or the antique silver to go with that set, which I haven't opened yet. Maybe I should go do that now...
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Spurt  I cooked a crock pot of blackeyed peas and ham yesterday and they were really good with cornbread and fried cabbage.  Now, if I keep buying decor  I'll have to omit the ham from the Black eyed peas.  Listen, where there's a will, there's a way or so I hear.  I certainly have the will.  LOL

Spurt, one good thing about all of this buying, we will use what's in the pantry and save having to discard some of it later on.  Justification.  Smiley Happy

@lucymo

LOL so true so true.....In fact Im going with my sis later this afternoon to help her purchase a new artificial tree and new garland etc....So when I went grocery shopping on Friday I planned my weekly food menu accordingly and thought of the things I had in my freezer and pantry that I still need to make, so I saved a bundle on my grocery bill----because I knew I will see something I will not be able to resist in Christmas decor today--Woman LOL  And I'm sure your blackeyed peas, cornbread, and fried cabbage will still taste delicious even without the ham Smiley Wink

@Spurt  What would we do if we didn't have each other on here?   Well, we'd probably have more money because someone is always finding good things for us to buy.  lol. But, I enjoy my decorated home and I thank everyone for helping me out with finding a lot of pretty things.

Spurt, be sure to post back and tell us what you found while out shopping today.  You know we need to get there before it sells out.  lol

Respected Contributor

So, I opened my antique silver reindeer and sleigh.  I really like all pieces.  Love the color.  The deer do read more champagne to me.  And the sleigh reads more silver with some gold undertones here and there (the antique effect).  I included a pic (taken in crappy lighting).  Do you think they go together?

IMG_3441.JPG

Honored Contributor

Re: My deer and sleigh...

[ Edited ]

@lucymo wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo

@Spurt  What would we do if we didn't have each other on here?   Well, we'd probably have more money because someone is always finding good things for us to buy.  lol. But, I enjoy my decorated home and I thank everyone for helping me out with finding a lot of pretty things.

Spurt, be sure to post back and tell us what you found while out shopping today.  You know we need to get there before it sells out.  lol

@lucymo

We have a wonderful group of people here to share ideas with and find the bargains, it's a fun place---- and it stimulates our creativity and imagination. ....I certainly agree with your sentiment---I enjoy my decorated home and I think that's what makes a house a home too.......

I'll let everyone know what goodies we find......although I must warn you---my sis takes a long time pondering over possible purchases when she has something specific in mind.....It once took 5 hours (and I am not exaggerating) for her to select 2 new lamps for her living room----her friends consider it courageous of me to go shopping with her.....LOL!!! But it's still fun.....because while she's contemplating I sneak off and do a little looking about on my own... Smiley Wink

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:

So, I opened my antique silver reindeer and sleigh.  I really like all pieces.  Love the color.  The deer do read more champagne to me.  And the sleigh reads more silver with some gold undertones here and there (the antique effect).  I included a pic (taken in crappy lighting).  Do you think they go together?

IMG_3441.JPG

@crazycockermom

I don't know about the photogrph lighting--- but from what I see they go very nicely together....

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo

@lucymo

We have a wonderful group of people here to share ideas with and find the bargains, it's a fun place---- and it stimulates our creativity and imagination. ....I certainly agree with your sentiment---I enjoy my decorated home and I think that's what makes a house a home too.......

I'll let everyone know what goodies we find......although I must warn you---my sis takes a long time pondering over possible purchases when she has something specific in mind.....It once took 5 hours (and I am not exaggerating) for her to select 2 new lamps for her living room----her friends consider it courageous of me to go shopping with her.....LOL!!! But it's still fun.....because while she's contemplating I sneak off and do a little looking about on my own... Smiley Wink

@Spurt  Have fun with sis.  My two remaining sisters are unable to go shopping now due to illnesses but we used to have fun going to garage sales and stores.  Now my daughter and I go about once a month for an all day shopping trip and usually lunch at Cracker Barrel and shop in the store. 

Respected Contributor
@Spurt
Thanks for responding. Helps to hear others opinions. Have fun shopping! Unfortunately, I think I'm more like your indecisive sis. I take much too long making up my mind. I'm a pain to go shopping with. Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:

IMG_3441.JPG

@crazycockermom  Looks like a perfect match to me. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom  I think the deer and sleigh are fine.  I can't see the gold on the sleigh in the picture but  use some silver and  champagne items  for the sleigh to tie them together.  I'm not a matchy, matchy person so it looks fine to me.  If you like them together then you'll enjoy them.  My sleigh from last doesn't really match my deer from this year but they'll work if I decide to pair them together.