Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@lucymo, I like the color.  I looked for that deer at BL and it wasn't in stock.  I had initially thought of using it with the bronze sleigh before the color inconsistencies led me to choose the lighter scroll reindeer as the easier choice.  I should get my scroll reindeer later today.  Then I will have to decide if I want to try another bronze sleigh.  

@SHOPR  I don't like this deer with the bronze sleigh, the colors just don't work together, for me anyway.  But, I will just use him as a stand alone piece.  He looks almost walnut color.

I hope your deer come in great condition.  I know you will love them as they are just so special in color and design.  I wonder how the pinecone pedestals in natural would work in a vignette with the deer and sleigh.  The natural might be lighter but coordinate as they would be in the color family.

Fingers crossed for a perfect arrival for your deer.  Please post your thoughts when you've checked them over.

Esteemed Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@lucymo, I like the color.  I looked for that deer at BL and it wasn't in stock.  I had initially thought of using it with the bronze sleigh before the color inconsistencies led me to choose the lighter scroll reindeer as the easier choice.  I should get my scroll reindeer later today.  Then I will have to decide if I want to try another bronze sleigh.  

@SHOPR  I don't like this deer with the bronze sleigh, the colors just don't work together, for me anyway.  But, I will just use him as a stand alone piece.  He looks almost walnut color.

I hope your deer come in great condition.  I know you will love them as they are just so special in color and design.  I wonder how the pinecone pedestals in natural would work in a vignette with the deer and sleigh.  The natural might be lighter but coordinate as they would be in the color family.

Fingers crossed for a perfect arrival for your deer.  Please post your thoughts when you've checked them over.

@lucymo, I have thought of doing just that, bolded above.  I was not all that happy with how either of my bronze sleighs looked next to the natural pinecone pedestals because my sleighs took on a cooler grayer brown tone next to my pedestals.  I do think my sleighs lacked the warm brown finish that yours appears to have, along with the ones I saw presented. 

If I luck up and get a warmer brown sleigh, then I think it will coordinate well with everything else.  I'm like you in that I don't want everything to match, but I also don't want something to bug me when I walk by, ya know? 

To make matters worse, I have a large, heavy, old, dark gold, ornately framed mirror above my buffet, which appears to be similar in tone to the antiqued gold QVC items, but it's definitely darker.  I have to take it into consideration when deciding what to place below it.   I'm not good at any of this.  :-)

Honored Contributor

Re: My deer and sleigh...

[ Edited ]

@crazycockermom

Very pretty.....I like it!!! 

@crazycockermom @lucymo

Dang it all....you ladies make we want to re-think what I was planning  for my coffee table and go out and buy some new deer and come up with a brand new display....LOL!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

Brown Resin Deer Angled View Silo

I have this deer and he is large and very pretty.  Has a somewhat mottled color.  Big Lots.  $16

@lucymo Is he from last year? I remember seeing this last fall in BL and he is not in my BL store this year although they have quite a selection this year of various reindeer. 

Honored Contributor

@BabyYoda wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

I have this deer and he is large and very pretty.  Has a somewhat mottled color.  Big Lots.  $16

@lucymo Is he from last year? I remember seeing this last fall in BL and he is not in my BL store this year although they have quite a selection this year of various reindeer. 

@BabyYoda  No, I got him this year.  He may have been out last year too though.  He is really nice and large enough to make a good showing.  Our store has a lot of deer that is tempting me too. 

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@crazycockermom

@crazycockermom @lucymo

Dang it all....you ladies make we want to re-think what I was planning  for my coffee table and go out and buy some new deer and come up with a brand new display....LOL!!!

@Spurt  We're trying to be good friends and help you out.  LOL

Respected Contributor

Re: My deer and sleigh...

[ Edited ]

@lucymo wrote:

@BabyYoda wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@BabyYoda  No, I got him this year.  He may have been out last year too though.  He is really nice and large enough to make a good showing.  Our store has a lot of deer that is tempting me too. 

@lucymo He is adorable. Good price. I haven't seen him this year and maybe last year they had him too but maybe it was a similar one. My BL is still getting in more Christmas items. I know the manager well and he tells me when they get deliveries in and he gets them on the shelves fast. That store tempts me too much!

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@crazycockermom

@crazycockermom @lucymo

@Spurt  We're trying to be good friends and help you out.  LOL

@lucymo

LOL---Well I may be eating $1 cans of soup for lunch and dinner until after New Years.....although my bank account will be thinner, so will I ( and I can afford to lose a couple of pounds) and my house will be beautifully decorated....Woman Very Happy Thanks a lot Woman Wink

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@lucymo, I have thought of doing just that, bolded above.  I was not all that happy with how either of my bronze sleighs looked next to the natural pinecone pedestals because my sleighs took on a cooler grayer brown tone next to my pedestals.  I do think my sleighs lacked the warm brown finish that yours appears to have, along with the ones I saw presented. 

If I luck up and get a warmer brown sleigh, then I think it will coordinate well with everything else.  I'm like you in that I don't want everything to match, but I also don't want something to bug me when I walk by, ya know? 

To make matters worse, I have a large, heavy, old, dark gold, ornately framed mirror above my buffet, which appears to be similar in tone to the antiqued gold QVC items, but it's definitely darker.  I have to take it into consideration when deciding what to place below it.   I'm not good at any of this.  :-)

@SHOPR  Great minds....  The color of my sleigh would work well with your natural pinecone pedestals and that would be such a great 'woodland' scene.  I'm thinking of looking up the pinecone pedestals for my sleigh too. Smiley Happy  I hope you can get a sleigh that is actually bronze and not gray.  I love the color of mine.

I have always loved the old gold frames on mirrors and pictures.  I would think your mirror would work well with these items.  I had to let my buffet go when we bought this house as DR is too open and no wall for it.  I sure miss that long space to decorate too as it makes the room so festive. 

You'll figure it out and it will be beautiful, you'll see.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt  I cooked a crock pot of blackeyed peas and ham yesterday and they were really good with cornbread and fried cabbage.  Now, if I keep buying decor  I'll have to omit the ham from the Black eyed peas.  Listen, where there's a will, there's a way or so I hear.  I certainly have the will.  LOL

Spurt, one good thing about all of this buying, we will use what's in the pantry and save having to discard some of it later on.  Justification.  Smiley Happy