Honored Contributor

My Very Simple Christmas Centerpiece

It's not elaborate or expensive or fancy. But every single thing has special meaning to me.

The snowman plate and Connemara marble like trivet (don't think it's real cm not sure) were purchased by my Mom at a thrift shop. It was near where we both went to get our hair done years ago, and she loved looking for little treasures in there. She loved anything snowman.

She loved flameless candles, especially these red ones from Costco. Boy did she love Costco.

The table runner is from Kohls. Food Network brand. We picked it out together when we were able to shop together before her better health at the time turned into the worst nightmare.

I bought the Jim Shore cardinal last year in memory of her. I bought her some Jim Shore figurines over the years and she loved them.

I'm going to leave it up all Winter.20201227_134207~3.jpg

20201227_134320~3.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Re: My Very Simple Christmas Centerpiece

This display I set up this year usually has my Mom's picture in the middle. I wouldn't post that here.

I purchased the cardinal votive holder and the Jim Shore snowman holding a cardinal in memory of her. We picked out the wooden sign with the dogs at TJ Maxx. We both loved it. I think it was $3.00.

20201227_135206~7.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Super Contributor

It is a beautiful display with great memories for you! I just read A Redbird Christmas by Fannie Flagg and this totally reminds me of the story. Charming story with a wonderful little redbird as a central character. Now I have a visual image to go with what I see in my mind from the story!
Trusted Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 

It's very pretty and meaningful and effective for all winter- not just Christmas.  My Mom had an Anchor Hocking glass bowl with holly leaves and berries and I used it several times this season.  I think that we were both blessed with good Moms.

Esteemed Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21It is beautiful, and what a loving tribute to the relationship you shared with your mother.

Respected Contributor

Your displays are beautiful and full of personal meaning....very nice!

Much of my decor was gifted to me by loved ones, or holds special  sentimental meaning for me.  

I love that kind of Christmas decor the most!

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 

Thank you for sharing your lovely memories of your Mom with us.

You have mentioned that you are having difficulties, I am so sorry.

I’m sending you wishes that the feathered thing called Hope will be strong for you.

💙💙💙

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Very sweet.

Valued Contributor

You have a lovely display.

I think that the best part of decorating for Christmas are the memories it brings.

Most of my ornaments have a special meaning for me and my family. 

One time my mom and I were watching TV and for the first time we saw people bungee jumping. We both laughed so hard. We thought it was so crazy. I saw some bungee jumping Santa ornaments and bought a pair for her and me. Every time I put them on the tree I laugh and remember the good times with my mom.

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Greeneyedlady21 

Its nice of you to share these special pieces with us.

It's like we can still have pieces of them with us at the holidays and so on.

I lost my Dad 4 years ago on Christmas Eve and it seems like He is always near in our  thoughts and memories, especially at Christmas.  I start to make bows and I use the bow maker he made me or the wreath hanger he made me to arrange my wreaths on. 

I have an old wheel barrel outside that he gave me that I plant flowers in,  in spring and fall. It has a flat and a little rusty but good for what I use it for. These have no value but are so rich in memory and somehow make us feel near to them. Precious Memories!

Again thanks for sharing your special pieces with memories attached.