Respected Contributor

My VPH Lantern Review

[ Edited ]

I just received this in black; I truly love everything about this Lantern with the exception of one thing;  the cadence of the three candles is the same & for some reason this is bugging me.  I love everything about this piece & for me, I am not missing Santa.  The black silhouette of the deer & sleigh is stunning against the candles & greenery.  If the three candles were Luminaras, it would be amazing.  Don't know if I can get past the flickering issue of all three candles not being more random.  I am anxious to hear from others on this lantern.  

IMG_0044.JPG

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't purchase as I decorate my 4 luminara lanterns I have in different sizes and colors.

I have to say though, it looks quite nice in the picture.  It will be really pretty at Christmas.

Respected Contributor

Re: My VPH Lantern Review

[ Edited ]

I've been eyeing this one, I love the look . Darn ! I think that would bug me too....if the flicker is in perfect unison ? Seems it would detract from the realism of the candles ):

Respected Contributor

@BornToShop Candles flickering in unison would be a deal killer for me.  If you really, really love the lantern, I would investigate removing the entire candle assembly and using other candles in it.

Honored Contributor

THis is too bad, because it was such a great design.

I was afraid the candles and filler would be the ruin of this being 'perfect'. 

I'm betting this could be gutted and then filled they way one wishes with what one wishes, but a bit expensive to do that with. 

Respected Contributor

@Marsha2003 & @Mominohio, I am going to live with it a day or two more since I am on staycation.  For $55, I need to love everything about it.  If terrarium lanterns were hard to come by, I would consider taking the candles out.   Gutting it & replacing the candles is not worth it for me.  I see what Valerie is trying to do for all of us battery-fatigued people, lol.  It takes 2 C batteries for all three candles.  Makes me wonder what the battery life looks like as well.  Still pondering...

Esteemed Contributor

Mine just shipped out today....but what I plan on doing is adding those mini white fairy lights that twinkle with  prettier greenery inside. I think the random twinkling from the fairy lights will make the candles going on and off not as noticeable...

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate.

Respected Contributor
It is such a nice shape and size....there are terrarium lanterns out there, but this one is kind of special IMO. I hope Valerie brings this one back. 
Respected Contributor

I just looked, and it's on wait list.....YAYYYY ! 

Maybe I will be able able to get a red one after all (: