Regular Contributor

Re: My UPS guy backed his truck up into my driveway LOL!!!

That TSV will probably be arriving before the end of the week. I KNOW the security guard in my building who receives and checks in the deliveries will have a look on her face. They know I always have packages coming and this will be a huge tree box that says what it is. Iol I'm embarassed thinking about it. She and others will be thinking who buys a Christmas tree in July.

Honored Contributor

It all seems to come at once.  I did not order from CIJ yet but I got three large boxes from Nordstroms sale, two from QVC, one from HSN and one from Talbots all piled on the porch today.    

Respected Contributor

@Winter Holiday wrote:

That TSV will probably be arriving before the end of the week. I KNOW the security guard in my building who receives and checks in the deliveries will have a look on her face. They know I always have packages coming and this will be a huge tree box that says what it is. Iol I'm embarassed thinking about it. She and others will be thinking who buys a Christmas tree in July.

@Winter Holiday - Do you have a dolly, or someone to help you carry it to your place?  I didn't buy the Santa's Best, but did buy the BL Hudson flocked and the box had no handles, not even hand holes to make it easy to carry.

Honored Contributor

I came home to a pile of packages on the front porch yesterday. 

Let's just say I was glad my husband had already left for work.

Respected Contributor

My cats and puppy are in hog heaven with all these boxes to play in!

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I came home to a pile of packages on the front porch yesterday. 

Let's just say I was glad my husband had already left for work.

@Mominohio  I wish I could get my packages when DH isn't home.  But our UPS comes by around dinner time so he's always here then.  In fact he will go help bring them in and give me that look, you know the one.  Smiley Happy

Did you have time to put it all away before DH came home?  Are you happy with your purchases?  I won't get any of mine until Friday, good old Sure Post. 

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

It all seems to come at once.  I did not order from CIJ yet but I got three large boxes from Nordstroms sale, two from QVC, one from HSN and one from Talbots all piled on the porch today.    

@DiAnne  I know that happens to me even if I ordered at different times.  I think they hoard them somewhere down the line so they can bring them all at the same time.

Sometimes, it is almost a little embarassing and I look around the neighborhood to see how many are watching me make trips carrying them into the house.  lol

Esteemed Contributor

I don't shop in stores.  So the UPS truck driver has been adopted by me to keep me in the latest greatest styles and gadgets.  I am so trying to buy less and less but what is a girl to do when she needs new threads or new things to keep her going in the kitchen.

Respected Contributor

@bonnielu - I'm much the same way.  I buy my pet supplies & meds, pool supplies (and toys), skin care, book and who knows what else on-line so my UPS guy is a regular visitor.  My dogs seem to be able to hear the UPS truck about a block away and start the barking.  I have a nosy neighbor across the street who I think monitors my deliveries, he used to saunter over to witness the drop off, lol, and actually ask me what I was buying!

Regular Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana Thank you for asking about how I would get the tree upstairs and if I would have help Smiley Happy I have my husband and the aid of the elevator. This is the second Santa's Best tree I've purchased to it will probably be heavy and definitely wide and huge in overall size.