Esteemed Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@SHOPR  Thanks, glad you like the pincone deer.  One set has a burlap texured finish and I like them too.  I always like the textured finishes as it adds interest. 

Are you talking about the pedestal ones in the gold finish?  I got them from the Q when David Shindler was a vendor. I like them too.  The ones that have the metal stand under them is from Home Interiors years ago. 

@lucymo, Yes, the gold deer pedestals were what caught my eye, along with the deer just behind them with a plaid bow.  I like their color.  :-)

Esteemed Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

I can make a really tall set with these holders.  Great in the entry  or hearth. LOL100_2990.jpg

@SHOPR@mousiegirl  I'm tired tonight and  fooling around  and putting stuff together just for fun.  I've found pieces that I had forgotten that I have like these really tall pedestals. Go through all of your storage and you'll be surprised at what you find.  I've been so busy buying new stuff that I forgot about the older thinga.

@lucymo,  I like the pedestals!

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SHOPR  I have these trees in my wait list but couldn't find an item number.  If they return I will be notified and I will let you know.  I love the base on the Zulily trees and had them in my cart but waited too long to commit.  I can't remember the price but $39.99 or $29.99 seems like, quite a bit more than QVC but prettier, I think.

@lucymo@SHOPR  they cost $52.99 for the set of two which is around $26 a piece, a resonable price as they are large, detailed and substantial on a beautiful base.

@mousiegirl

@lucymo

Thank you both for all of the info.  Hayneedle has this set right now, and they also have various colored sets of 2 without bases, including a set of more traditional green/red/brown.  The prices are not all that bad either, plus free shipping, and I received a 10% off code by mail. 

Melrose Christmas Tree Table Finial Set
#MELR1131-1 $54.99

I'm trying to resist ordering any of the various holly trees until I get my gold scroll deer from Zulily.  I could end up with several pricey items that don't look right together if I'm not careful. 

I think it might be nice to have the set of 2 tree finials above, along with one of the QVC trees in gold.  If measurements are correct, they would be 3 different heights.  The finishes could be too different, but hopefully not, since I think the glitter or lack of glitter and the bases/no bases are the only differences. 

@SHOPR  I bought two sets of the trees at the same time, and I think there is a color variation between the sets, one is a lighter gold.

@mousiegirl

@lucymo

That is what is so frustrating to me with all of these pieces from QVC and elsewhere.  There is not very much consistency in color.  It wouldn't matter that much, or at all, if they were to be placed into a vignette with lots of other things of various finishes and textures.  For a smaller display that is front and center, like I would have, the inconsistencies could be a big deal.    

I decided to order one of the QVC gold trees, and it's in the process of shipping now.  They have already shown up as-is, too, but I never saw gold choice appear.  

Trusted Contributor

@lucymo  I plan on starting to get down some of my boxes this weekend so I will try to group some of my reindeer and take a pic too. After seeing your picture, it really  made me want to get mine out.  I can't wait. I did get some awesome deals after christmas last year so I'm excited to actually use them this year.  I'm sure there are some I forgot about...LOL Keep the pics coming.

Trusted Contributor

@mousiegirl  Hi Mousie. Nice to see you. I will definitely post a pic when I get mine out too. Gonna be my goal for the weekend.  I'm sure there are some I have forgotten about so it will be fun for me to set them up.  

Honored Contributor

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo  I plan on starting to get down some of my boxes this weekend so I will try to group some of my reindeer and take a pic too. After seeing your picture, it really  made me want to get mine out.  I can't wait. I did get some awesome deals after christmas last year so I'm excited to actually use them this year.  I'm sure there are some I forgot about...LOL Keep the pics coming.

@MTH  Looking forward to the pictures.  It will be fun for you to see what you have.  I know we all have more than we have places to use.

My DH thinned out my stash of decor.  Got up during the night and didn't turn on the light, knocked a bunch of trees off and broke them.  Some were new and never used. I have them out so I can see what I need to use.  So, I'm looking at that trash can  with a heavy heart.  He felt really bad and offered to pay for me to replace them but I said no, it's ok.  Really?  Did he believe that.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SHOPR  I have these trees in my wait list but couldn't find an item number.  If they return I will be notified and I will let you know.  I love the base on the Zulily trees and had them in my cart but waited too long to commit.  I can't remember the price but $39.99 or $29.99 seems like, quite a bit more than QVC but prettier, I think.

@lucymo@SHOPR  they cost $52.99 for the set of two which is around $26 a piece, a resonable price as they are large, detailed and substantial on a beautiful base.

@mousiegirl

@lucymo

Thank you both for all of the info.  Hayneedle has this set right now, and they also have various colored sets of 2 without bases, including a set of more traditional green/red/brown.  The prices are not all that bad either, plus free shipping, and I received a 10% off code by mail. 

#MELR1131-1 $54.99

I'm trying to resist ordering any of the various holly trees until I get my gold scroll deer from Zulily.  I could end up with several pricey items that don't look right together if I'm not careful. 

I think it might be nice to have the set of 2 tree finials above, along with one of the QVC trees in gold.  If measurements are correct, they would be 3 different heights.  The finishes could be too different, but hopefully not, since I think the glitter or lack of glitter and the bases/no bases are the only differences. 

@SHOPR  I bought two sets of the trees at the same time, and I think there is a color variation between the sets, one is a lighter gold.

@mousiegirl

@lucymo

That is what is so frustrating to me with all of these pieces from QVC and elsewhere.  There is not very much consistency in color.  It wouldn't matter that much, or at all, if they were to be placed into a vignette with lots of other things of various finishes and textures.  For a smaller display that is front and center, like I would have, the inconsistencies could be a big deal.    

I decided to order one of the QVC gold trees, and it's in the process of shipping now.  They have already shown up as-is, too, but I never saw gold choice appear.  

@mousiegirl@SHOPR  I'm at the point that I use them because things in nature aren't all the same.  And, Really, those trees don't look anywhere near real, do they?  LOL

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@SHOPR  Thanks, glad you like the pincone deer.  One set has a burlap texured finish and I like them too.  I always like the textured finishes as it adds interest. 

Are you talking about the pedestal ones in the gold finish?  I got them from the Q when David Shindler was a vendor. I like them too.  The ones that have the metal stand under them is from Home Interiors years ago. 

@lucymo, Yes, the gold deer pedestals were what caught my eye, along with the deer just behind them with a plaid bow.  I like their color.  :-)

@SHOPR  The ones with the plaid bow are from Cracker Barrel a few years ago and have a burlap texured finish.  The pedestals are from David Shindler when he was at QVC several years ago.  I also have the deer pedestals from the Q this year.

Cracker Barrel is refunding my money for the broken deer and giving me a dinner ticket for two with meal, drink and dessert.  I think they are being fair and trying to make it right.  They did give me the run around, two emails were not answered, told me they didn't received the return.  But I told them my UPS store receipt told when, where and to whom it was delivered.  They checked again and sure enough, it had been delivered.  Smiley Happy  Then, they started to talk about what would make me happy.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@MTH  Looking forward to the pictures.  It will be fun for you to see what you have.  I know we all have more than we have places to use.

My DH thinned out my stash of decor.  Got up during the night and didn't turn on the light, knocked a bunch of trees off and broke them.  Some were new and never used. I have them out so I can see what I need to use.  So, I'm looking at that trash can  with a heavy heart.  He felt really bad and offered to pay for me to replace them but I said no, it's ok.  Really?  Did he believe that.  Smiley Happy

@lucymo  Oh no!  DH never turns the light on, just crashes into everything all the way down the hall, crazy.  I hope none of your very favorites were broken.  

Honored Contributor

@MTH wrote:

@mousiegirl  Hi Mousie. Nice to see you. I will definitely post a pic when I get mine out too. Gonna be my goal for the weekend.  I'm sure there are some I have forgotten about so it will be fun for me to set them up.  

@MTH  I will post pics of mine also. They mostly will show up in displays, but if I can't fit them all in, I can post pics of the rest separately. Smiley Happy