Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@lucymo

OMG!!!!!

May I PLEASE come shopping at your house LOL???

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!

@lucymo

@ChiliPepper, So funny and yes I would love to join you at Lucy's and take a few deer home with me.  LOL.  Oh wait, she said we couldn't have any.  Oh well. 

Lucy, All are so pretty.  The large one near the back with the texturing looks very interesting.  

@SHOPR

@lucymo

@mousiegirl

Hows abouts a "bring one-take one" shopping spree??

Like a "Reindeer Time Share"!!! Mine this year, yours next year etc. etc.

Will that work for you???

@ChiliPepper @lucymo @SHOPR  I will bring something, but not a deer, lol.

@mousiegirl@SHOPR@ChiliPepper   Too funny, ain't gonna happen, but funny!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@lucymo
@mousiegirl
 I've been trying to remember what a certain Zulily tree looks like.  I'm referring to the gold resin holly and pinecone tree with decorative base, similar to the new one on QVC, but with a base.   Can either of you give me the name of it and/or a link to the Zulily pic, plus the price? 

@SHOPR  I have these trees in my wait list but couldn't find an item number.  If they return I will be notified and I will let you know.  I love the base on the Zulily trees and had them in my cart but waited too long to commit.  I can't remember the price but $39.99 or $29.99 seems like, quite a bit more than QVC but prettier, I think.

Honored Contributor

@Stray  Hi Stray, no, I haven't bought JS deer.  I didn't really plan to collect this many deer but it just happened.  Some of these I've had for a long time and some more recent purchases.

Your collection sounds interesting as I like variety too.  Maybe you can post a picture for us to see.  We like to see other's treasures that they love.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl  The lighted deer and tree piece is about 14" tall (trees). It is a pretty sparkly piece. The white deer you mentioned is part of a pair and Valerie had those a few years ago, not sure exactly.

Yes, our Yorkie is named Lennon (for John) and he's seven years old.  He likes to Rabbit hunt and chase squirrels up the trees.  He also will chase dogs, small or large, from our yard. We hold him up in front of the mirror to show him that he's too small to scare those dogs but he goes after them anyway.

@lucymo  So I guess chasing is in the Yorkie genes. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@lucymo
@mousiegirl
 I've been trying to remember what a certain Zulily tree looks like.  I'm referring to the gold resin holly and pinecone tree with decorative base, similar to the new one on QVC, but with a base.   Can either of you give me the name of it and/or a link to the Zulily pic, plus the price? 

@SHOPR  I have these trees in my wait list but couldn't find an item number.  If they return I will be notified and I will let you know.  I love the base on the Zulily trees and had them in my cart but waited too long to commit.  I can't remember the price but $39.99 or $29.99 seems like, quite a bit more than QVC but prettier, I think.

@lucymo@SHOPR  they cost $52.99 for the set of two which is around $26 a piece, a resonable price as they are large, detailed and substantial on a beautiful base.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl, @SHOPR, @Spurt, @Mominohio.

This is most of my deer, maybe a few packed in other places but this is the bulk of them.  I tried to count but got different numbers each time. Forty something, I think.  If you want a close up of any of them they will be on the table until this afternoon so I can do a pic. 

A lot of these came from Valerie through the years, David Shindler, and some I've had for a long time and don't remember where they came from.  I do love my deer.  Smiley Happy100_2969.jpg

@lucymo  How many sets will you be able to display this Christmas?

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo@SHOPR  they cost $52.99 for the set of two which is around $26 a piece, a resonable price as they are large, detailed and substantial on a beautiful base.

@mousiegirl

@lucymo

Thank you both for all of the info.  Hayneedle has this set right now, and they also have various colored sets of 2 without bases, including a set of more traditional green/red/brown.  The prices are not all that bad either, plus free shipping, and I received a 10% off code by mail. 

Melrose Christmas Tree Table Finial Set
#MELR1131-1 $54.99
Melrose Christmas Tree Table Finial Set

I'm trying to resist ordering any of the various holly trees until I get my gold scroll deer from Zulily.  I could end up with several pricey items that don't look right together if I'm not careful. 

I think it might be nice to have the set of 2 tree finials above, along with one of the QVC trees in gold.  If measurements are correct, they would be 3 different heights.  The finishes could be too different, but hopefully not, since I think the glitter or lack of glitter and the bases/no bases are the only differences. 

Esteemed Contributor

@lucymo, Yes, I was intrigued by the pinecone textured deer.  Thanks for the additional pic.  They are different but I love the texture.  I also really like the ones that look more antique brass.  You really have some interesting deer.  I like the silhouette white trees/deer that you ordered from CB. 

Honored Contributor

I can make a really tall set with these holders.  Great in the entry  or hearth. LOL100_2990.jpg

@SHOPR@mousiegirl  I'm tired tonight and  fooling around  and putting stuff together just for fun.  I've found pieces that I had forgotten that I have like these really tall pedestals. Go through all of your storage and you'll be surprised at what you find.  I've been so busy buying new stuff that I forgot about the older thinga.

Honored Contributor

Re: My Reindeer

[ Edited ]

@lucymo wrote:

I can make a really tall set with these holders.  Great in the entry  or hearth. LOL100_2990.jpg

@SHOPR@mousiegirl  I'm tired tonight and  fooling around  and putting stuff together just for fun.  I've found pieces that I had forgotten that I have like these really tall pedestals. Go through all of your storage and you'll be surprised at what you find.  I've been so busy buying new stuff that I forgot about the older thinga.

@lucymo  This happens to all of the time, lol.  The majority of what I bought of Christmas decor before this forum about four or so years ago, were Annalee, glass ornaments, and wonderful items I would find at a specialty shops, used to go crazy before and after Christmas, but both closed.  

I had no pedestals, flameless candles, mercury glass, or figural reindeer, except for a few, as most were the Annalee reindeer.  One Christmas, I set out eight 18" deer with an 18" Rudolph, and a 36" Santa, all Annalee with a sleigh made of basket rope, or whatever it is called.  I have two carolers, man and woman, 36" tall which I would put in the entry hall, that is when  entertained, don't do that any longer, and just tons of these dolls for every season.  Now, I use them throughout the year during seasons, but not nearly as many as I used to because now I have other things.

I would set up an entire Dept 56 Snow Village that would go through many rooms, and I miss this, but if I put this out, and I may one year, nothing much else would be displayed.

I am tired, as I have been working in the red room again, adding to the tree, and finishing the long table, cleaning out one deep drawer to prepare for the Christmas Fairy garden items, already getting ready for putting things away before I even display them, lol, but it will be easier then if I know now what will go where.