Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

Miniature Fairy Garden Deer & Christmas Sled Set

@mousiegirl@Puddles  I wish Zulily would give sizes of these Reindeer.  I like to do small scenes in cloches, desert stemware and need the minatures but  also need the measurements.  I'm tempted to order and take a chance but I need to go back and check the shipping date as it might be too late to use this year. Thoughts?

@lucymo  They are Fairy garden so are between 1 1/2' - 2" plus.  they would fit in a cloche as long as it is not a cloche the size of  a flea, lol.  Usually, zulily gives measurements of Fairy garden items.  I already bought a "few" this morning. Smiley Happy

There are Fairgy garden companies online, and measurements are usually included.

@mousiegirl  Thanks for the help, kind of thought you'd know.  I will look in fairy garden sizes for the minatures .  It's difficult to find the tiny sizes for those small scenes.

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl@Puddles  I wish Zulily would give sizes of these Reindeer.  I like to do small scenes in cloches, desert stemware and need the minatures but  also need the measurements.  I'm tempted to order and take a chance but I need to go back and check the shipping date as it might be too late to use this year. Thoughts?

@lucymo  They are Fairy garden so are between 1 1/2' - 2" plus.  they would fit in a cloche as long as it is not a cloche the size of  a flea, lol.  Usually, zulily gives measurements of Fairy garden items.  I already bought a "few" this morning. Smiley Happy

There are Fairgy garden companies online, and measurements are usually included.

@mousiegirl  Thanks for the help, kind of thought you'd know.  I will look in fairy garden sizes for the minatures .  It's difficult to find the tiny sizes for those small scenes.

@lucymo  The deer you posted a picture of is Fairy, so very small. Smiley Happy  I have a ton of tiny deer from Schleich and Factory Direct, the craft store online, has a ton of these little items. Smiley Happy  I made a petite cloche last year with one of the deer, will post it when I post the rest of my Christmas pictures.

@mousiegirl  Hey, I will check Factory Direct as I've ordered from them before with good luck too.  I don't want to do a garden just some small scenes in glass. 

Thanks for reminding me.  I can't wait to see your pictures.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo  The deer you posted a picture of is Fairy, so very small. Smiley Happy  I have a ton of tiny deer from Schleich and Factory Direct, the craft store online, has a ton of these little items. Smiley Happy  I made a petite cloche last year with one of the deer, will post it when I post the rest of my Christmas pictures.

@mousiegirl  Hey, I will check Factory Direct as I've ordered from them before with good luck too.  I don't want to do a garden just some small scenes in glass. 

@lucymo  Factory Direct is having a sale today. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo  Factory Direct is having a sale today. Smiley Happy

@mousiegirl  Heading there now.  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: My Reindeer

[ Edited ]

DSCF7322.JPG@pupwhipped wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@pupwhipped wrote:

@mousiegirl, oh, OH, a tree decorated with all bottle brush critters?! How wonderful! I bet it is so darn cute. What a neat idea!

pup  

@pupwhipped  I will post pictures when I post the rest of Christmas. Smiley Happy

@mousiegirl, Yippee!!! I hated to ask, but that's just what I wanted. Ha! Can't wait to see them critters!

@pupwhipped  Here is the critter bottlebrush tree from several years ago.  It is difficult to see all of them, but the tree is loaded with every type of wild critter. Smiley Happy  The faux tree is very slender, but is so loaded that it became twice or more it's size.

Respected Contributor

OH, I love that....LOVE it so much! You really do have a lot of critters. There's one down at the bottom that looks like a bashful little otter peeking out from the tree. Cute! As I said earlier, what a neat idea for a Christmas tree. I also really like those plates you have on the wall.

Thanks for sharing the picture, @mousiegirl. Gives us all joy to look at....and some inspiration, too. And I need all I can get!

Best to you!

pup 

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

DSCF7322.JPG@pupwhipped wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@pupwhipped wrote:

@mousiegirl, oh, OH, a tree decorated with all bottle brush critters?! How wonderful! I bet it is so darn cute. What a neat idea!

pup  

@pupwhipped  I will post pictures when I post the rest of Christmas. Smiley Happy

@mousiegirl, Yippee!!! I hated to ask, but that's just what I wanted. Ha! Can't wait to see them critters!

@pupwhipped  Here is the critter bottlebrush tree from several years ago.  It is difficult to see all of them, but the tree is loaded with every type of wild critter. Smiley Happy  The faux tree is very slender, but is so loaded that it became twice or more it's size.

@mousiegirl  Love that tree.  I just want to pick them off and pet them.  So sweet.

Valued Contributor

mousiegirl, I love those lare\ge porcelain  plates on you wall, beautiful!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: My Reindeer

[ Edited ]

@ripka junkie wrote:

@mousiegirl, I love your critter tree, but like @ripka junkie, my eyes went to the animal plates on the wall.  Do you know the brand or plate names?  It looks like they could be a seasonal collection perhaps? 

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@ripka junkie wrote:

@mousiegirl, I love your critter tree, but like @ripka junkie, my eyes went to the animal plates on the wall.  Do you know the brand or plate names?  It looks like they could be a seasonal collection perhaps? 

@SHOPR  Decades ago, I went through a plate collecting era, now wish I hadn't bought so many beautiful though they may be.  The plates you see are All Creatures Great and Small bought through The Bradford Exchange.  When I find my camera, I can take pictures of all of them as there are another six on the wall to the left of these, if you would like.

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@ripka junkie wrote:

@SHOPR  Decades ago, I went through a plate collecting era, now wish I hadn't bought so many beautiful though they may be.  The plates you see are All Creatures Great and Small bought through The Bradford Exchange.  When I find my camera, I can take pictures of all of them as there are another six on the wall to the left of these, if you would like.

@mousiegirl, I owe you a big thanks for the name of your plates that can be seen in the tree photo.  I saw what you wrote and went looking for them.  I saw the whole set of 12 on Ebay and bought them.  I really didn't want all 12 but after seeing what the individual plates cost including shipping, I saw what a deal the set of 12 would be. 

I got them yesterday. I love them!  There are 2 of the 12 that I am neutral about, but the other 10 are just adorable to me, with lots of small details.  I read All Creatures Great and Small in school and it was 1 of only 2 required books that I actually enjoyed reading.  The other was Once and Future King.  I also watched some of the British TV series of the same name on Netflix a while back. 

I have the two snowy scenes out now, and I think I'll try to designate a place, either in the kitchen or dining room, to display one or two at a time, and rotate them according to the seasons throughout the year. 

Thank you! :-)