Honored Contributor

@Kitlynn wrote:

WOW!! Now that is a collection of deer and some beautiful ones. I hope you will post some photos of how you decorate with them also.

@Kitlynn  Thank you and I will try to post pics later on.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@lucymo

All I can say, or rather ask, is are you living in an area zoned for farming/ranching? If not, I think my might be in codes violation!LOL

Oh, and I can add one more thing....BEEAAUUTIFUULLL!

@Mominohio  I'm sure I'm violating some city code but they steer clear of me since while they were spraying Round Up on the creek bank they let it blow onto my Dwarf Zebra grass and killed it.  LOL  To put it mildly, I was not a happy woman. 

You made me laugh, as usual, my friend.  Smiley Happy

Do you see your deer collection looking like this in a few years?  It just happens, doesn't it?

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@lucymo

All I can say, or rather ask, is are you living in an area zoned for farming/ranching? If not, I think my might be in codes violation!LOL

@Mominohio  I'm sure I'm violating some city code but they steer clear of me since while they were spraying Round Up on the creek bank they let it blow onto my Dwarf Zebra grass and killed it.  LOL  To put it mildly, I was not a happy woman. 

Do you see your deer collection looking like this in a few years?  It just happens, doesn't it?

UGH! I'm glad we don't have to worry about spraying out here. Too far out for anyone to care, I guess. I'd have not been happy either.

As best as I can remember, I only have one set of deer, and one on the way (the new scroll ones). I will do my best not to be an 'animal hoarder'! I'm already a dish hoarder, a flameless candle hoarder and a lantern hoarder. I don't need animal control showing up to investigate an 'out of control deer population'!! LOL

Respected Contributor
Wow lucymo!! That is an impressive collection. So many beautiful deer. I thought I had too many with two sets. Lol
Respected Contributor

@lucymo a beautiful collection. I could see leaving these out all winter, not just at Christmas. 

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@lucymo

UGH! I'm glad we don't have to worry about spraying out here. Too far out for anyone to care, I guess. I'd have not been happy either.

As best as I can remember, I only have one set of deer, and one on the way (the new scroll ones). I will do my best not to be an 'animal hoarder'! I'm already a dish hoarder, a flameless candle hoarder and a lantern hoarder. I don't need animal control showing up to investigate an 'out of control deer population'!! LOL

@Mominohio  Tell animal control you're a friend of mine. LOL

Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:
Wow lucymo!! That is an impressive collection. So many beautiful deer. I thought I had too many with two sets. Lol

@crazycockermom  You need to play catch up.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@lucymo - I see some real beauties in there!  Can you tell me how you store them?  In the original boxes?  As someone who has an abundance of Christmas decor, I'm also interested to hear how people deal with the storage problem. 

Honored Contributor

@DecorDiva wrote:

@lucymo - I see some real beauties in there!  Can you tell me how you store them?  In the original boxes?  As someone who has an abundance of Christmas decor, I'm also interested to hear how people deal with the storage problem. 

@DecorDiva, @lucymo, wow, beautiful collection. I too, am interested in how these are stored. I have so many things that although the original styrofoam packaging is probably the safest method of storing, it just takes too much space. Looking for ways to store items safely without taking up so much space, lol.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@DecorDiva wrote:

@DecorDiva

I know you weren't specifically asking me, but I have recently changed my holiday decor storage (when packing up last season) and I'm anxious to see if I get the results I anticipated. I've posted about it before, so if you already know this, sorry, and scroll on by.

I used to either save original packaging (mostly for things with parts that would easily break off, like deer antlers) or wrap each piece in bubble wrap, tissue or old towels before packing. 

The storage was taking up way too much space, so last year I realized I had a lot of ineffectively used storage space in my rooms that I decorate, so decided to store the holiday decor in the room in which it is displayed. I have those VPH (and other brands) ottomans and storage benches and a couple of antique trunks. I emptied those out, and layered in the holiday decor for each room, in each room, in those pieces. I didn't wrap things much, just layered heavy stuff on the bottom, lighter things on top, with a thin layer of something in between each layer. 

The goal was to avoid steps lots of boxes and wrap, make things go up and come down and put away much quicker. 

When I decorate this year, I'll be seeing just how well this works. I put the couple of deer I have in with the rest, and am hoping I haven't made a mistake. The ottomans/storage benches/trunks don't get moved around or bumped around much, and I expect things to be ok when unpacked. 

I plan to post an update thread after getting this year's decor up to let folks know how that turns out.