Honored Contributor

Re: My QVC Christmas Tree Odyssey

@Beauty Maven  Ever thought about going out in the woods and chopping one down?  If I had a young family, I think that would be a fun thing to do.  You can get a permit for something like $5. to harvest a tree in a national forest, of which there are many near me. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I have a suggestion....I had a 6.5ft tree which was much too short for the scale of my family room it looked so tiny...so I used one of those large plastic drawer things in the organizer section of the store....my husband drilled 4 holes in top to match the tree stand and it gave it another foot of height! I put a beautiful tree skirt on it and nobody knows LOL! 

Maybe you could put together something to give it more height!  I did toss this tree out last yr...it was from QVC about 15 or more yrs old...Thomas Piccone line? almost all the strands of lights didn't work and I had layered on many more...it was really sickly looking.  I would load it up with tons of filler to hide it.  I need a new tree.

So I ordered that Santa's Best Tree TSV and the lights didn't work....back it went defective!!  So I am still looking I don't think I could do all the shipping and returning....once really bothered me.  

Contributor

I also ordered Hallmark 7 1/2 tree. The tree arrived with 2 boxes of the bottom too.  Both boxes were 1 of 2.  No top.  Very disappointing. 

Valued Contributor

You too?!  Its astounding that the same thing happened to you.  The folks in the warehouse need to pay more attention!!!

Contributor

My guess is some people may be receiving 2 boxes of tree tops. Your right they need to pay better attention to detail.

Contributor

Just wanted to follow up with some new information regarding the tree I had to return.  I ordered the Hallmark 7 1/2 ft tree during Christmas in July.  Tree comes in 2 boxes and they sent me 2 boxes with bottoms only, no top. When I called customer service I was told they could not send me a top, that I would have to reurn tree because they no longer had clear.  Disappointed, but stuff happens. Rep told me to keep checking because sometimes people cancel.  Checked today and there was one in clear, put it in my cart and called customer service because price had gone from 279 to 309.  Thought I would be able to get the price that I orginally paid ( which I have not yet received my credit) since it was QVC error, not mine. I realize that was the CIJ price but that is when I ordered it, not like I decided that I wanted it later.  Guess what, They told me No. I would have to pay the $309.  This seems so wrong to me.   What do you think?

Honored Contributor

@tg-indy, I agree with you, their fault, should give you the same price.
"To each their own, in all things".
Contributor

Thanks!  Needless to say I was actually suprised by it. QVC is a big business and to me this situation does not make good business.  Maybe they don.t need mine.

Honored Contributor

@Beauty Maven

In October take a trip to Home Depot....they have good trees and good prices..........Also Michaels had some nice ones last year and a big sale too ...........(I went local shopping with my sis last year and that was her experience......)

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Contributor

Sounds like a good idea. I think a couple of people have mentioned home depot. 

Thank you!