Valued Contributor

My QVC Christmas Tree Odyssey

I've had quite a long odyssey with QVC Christmas trees.

Tree #1:  Last year during CIJ 2016, I ordered the Santa's Best TSV tree.  Loved the tree, but hated the LED lights, so back it went. 

Tree #2:  Next, in October, I ordered the Bethlehem Lights Woodland Pine flocked 7.5' tree.  QVC sent the 6.5' tree in error.  I ended up using the 6.5' tree through Christmas (even though it was way too small) because by the time I discovered the error, the larger size was no longer available.  Tree #2 back in the box and back to the Q. 

Tree #3 -- This year I ordered a 7.5' Hallmark flocked tree at a great CIJ price (almost half the price of last year's Woodland Pine).  The tree was shipped in two boxes -- #1 containing the bottom half; #2 containing the top half (or so I thought).  Wouldn't you know it, BOTH boxes contained the bottom half of the tree. There was no top half! Tree #3 back in the box, and back to the Q.

Tree #4 -- To replace the returned (double-bottom) 7.5' Hallmark tree, I ordered the 6.5' Hallmark tree. To my delight, this one arrived in perfect condition. It is a beautiful tree however, I'm not sure it's the perfect one for me. The diameter at the bottom (44") is perfect, but I need a taller tree.  I need 7.5' tall, but no more than 44" in diameter.

If QVC offers the 7.5' flocked Woodland Pine this year (and I hope they do) I might be purchasing Tree #5!!  The good news is QVC has been great about no-charge returns when they cause the error. Also, the ability to return through January really puts my mind ease since I won't get stuck with the wrong tree. The bad news:  my UPS man and my husband think I'm crazy!!

Respected Contributor

Re: My QVC Christmas Tree Odyssey

Sounds like a nightmare experience to me. I couldn't go through all that. Makes me happy we cut our own tree down each year at the tree farm. 

Valued Contributor

Now I'm jealous!  I live in Florida, so artificial is a must.  (MANY things in South Florida are artificial ;o)  

Esteemed Contributor

I have to see a tree in person before I would buy one.....but that is just me

Honored Contributor

I ordered one tree and returned it and it was an ordeal!!!  I ended up putting my old artificial tree, I have had for many many years, back up rather than take a chance ordering another.  The tree I returned had dark colored branches which I couldn't tell on tv and didn't like when received.

I ended up along the way, taking every other row of branches off of my old artificial tree to make it less full and now I can fill it with ornaments and see them.  I guess old faithful will last longer!

Honored Contributor

I think after the first two episodes, I would have opted for buying at a local store.

Honored Contributor

Your DH is right. You don't need a bigger tree, but you want one.  Just go with the one you have and stop stressing.

Valued Contributor

You're absolutely right.  Thank you "Aunt g!"  I needed that 'slap in the face.'  The Hallmark tree is beautiful, and I can put it on a platform to get more height.  Thanks for your comment Smiley Surprised)

Honored Contributor

Local for me. I don't want to have to ship that huge stuff back. It's a tree. Tons of places sell them. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Contributor

I highly recommend the Santas Best Starry Light Tree..The lights are so pretty...The tree is full and stands perfectly straight in the stand. Not sure of the base diameter but I think it may still be available through tonight at the CIJ price. I purchased it for a little less as a TSV but tomorrow I think the price will go higher. Hope you find the perfect tree!