Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 I think pictures might be a good idea to nudge my DH.He is the same age as your DH but I haven't got him to pull out his wallet yet for household updates.There is always hope except he grows to love things as they are and doesn't like change.Good news ...I am looking a little outdated myself these days but he wouldn't think of trading me off.

As a friend I would suggest heading out to shop for LR while your DH still has an open mind and wallet....never know when he could relapse.

Honored Contributor

lol!!!

theres always "hope"!

Respected Contributor

@dex  I can relate - I finally gave up trying to convince him that we needed new items and when he left for a weekend to go do things with his friends, I would buy new furniture or replace light fixtures (installed them myself).  I wasn't concerned since he didn't care about how things looked and I always covered the cost.

Needless to say, he is now gone (moved, not dead) and I've upgraded the kitchen, repainted, bought new furniture and buy only what I like.  Life is fabulous now!

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

@homedecor1

More cute things ! I especially love the lighted window frame canvas ! I didn't see that when I was at Kirklands a couple days ago. I'll have to check again (:

Honored Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 you redid the house completely haha.I am impressed that you could install light fixtures.Way to get it done!

Honored Contributor

@dex

well my real spouse is back!!! I think he almost fainted when he saw what I wanted to spend & "special order"..💸💸💸..well, back to the drawing board! 

(I know l'll win this one! I think! Lol😀

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 lol...great laugh.I know where you are coming from and hope that you can get him back on board.I will wish you good luck.You just might have to fire up the secret weapon .....your female charms.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1

Love your purchases---ENJOY! Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

I have been eyeing these items for weeks - I went in to get my table (sold out) so.....

well, you know the rest😉😮

Sale & my rewards too good to pass up! I also bought a few other Mercury glass things but they are bubble wrapped so good I didn't want to unwrap.

IMG_2178.JPG

@homedecor1  I love your choices! I really hope you will post pics when you finish decorating!!! Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: My Kirkland trip today!

[ Edited ]

@dex

I love your phrase,"It's not a marriage, it's an arrangement."  Gotta remember that one.  Probably will come in handy many times.