Honored Contributor

Re: My Jim Shore Easter and spring pieces

I have looked at and watched the Jim Shore pieces/shows for years. I have always wanted just one piece. And I always was interested in it being fall or Thanksgiving themed. 

My problem has always been, that when I find a piece I think I'd love, there is always one stand out color, that simply looks so out of place I can't bring myself to buy it. Like every color in the piece is earth tone fall looking, then he slaps some neon looking green or bright purple in there and it is ruined for me.

I don't notice that happening in these spring/Easter pieces. The pastels flow nicely, and nothing stands out as out of place with the other colors. 

There is just something about his pieces that are happy, and even when I don't care for the colors together, the pieces provide such an interesting experience of patterns and colors. I can spend a lot of time looking at them, and always see something new that I didn't notice the last time I looked!

These pieces @crazycockermom are so sweet and fun. Enjoy!

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@crazycockermom

All are just adorable.

I have an older JS piece -- a looks-like-chocolate, upright bunny.  It's rather small.  And, I have three of his Easter eggs.  I'm wondering now if they came in a basket and I just misplaced that?

Anyway, your items are precious and look lovely in your home.

@Witchy Woman  Zulily is offering this today.  

Heartwood Creek Witch Spell Book Figurine

Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom, I only collect Jim Shore's Easter pieces, here is my Easter table:

Image may contain: indoor

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl

Oh, that is just adorable. 

And, my birthday is Halloween.

Not sure if I will indulge myself, but I'm heading over to take a peek now.

The LAST thing I need is more Halloween stuffCat LOL

Honored Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

@crazycockermom, I only collect Jim Shore's Easter pieces, here is my Easter table:

@Hooty  Wonderful! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@crazycockermom

I just love the Jim Shore pieces you selected!!!   And your displays are vey nice!!!  His pieces are always very very tempting.....

I have several of the JS Rudolph pieces and they are so well done!!!!  

Thanks SPURT!   Yes, it's that one Rudolph piece I got last Christmas that got me started because it really is so well done.  I'm sure I'll be adding to my Rudolph and Easter collection down the road.  I love looking at my Easter displays.  So uplifting.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I have looked at and watched the Jim Shore pieces/shows for years. I have always wanted just one piece. And I always was interested in it being fall or Thanksgiving themed. 

My problem has always been, that when I find a piece I think I'd love, there is always one stand out color, that simply looks so out of place I can't bring myself to buy it. Like every color in the piece is earth tone fall looking, then he slaps some neon looking green or bright purple in there and it is ruined for me.

I don't notice that happening in these spring/Easter pieces. The pastels flow nicely, and nothing stands out as out of place with the other colors. 

There is just something about his pieces that are happy, and even when I don't care for the colors together, the pieces provide such an interesting experience of patterns and colors. I can spend a lot of time looking at them, and always see something new that I didn't notice the last time I looked!

These pieces @crazycockermom are so sweet and fun. Enjoy!

Thanks!   I am enjoying them.  Every time I walk by I take a look and smile.   I agree that the spring and Easter pieces all flow together well.  Nothing sticks out like a sore thumb.  I guess I never noticed what you're talking about in the fall and Thabksgicing pieces, I'm going to have to pay more attention.   However, what you describe would be a deal breaker for me too.   I hope maybe this fall he'll come out with something without that unusual splash of color!

Respected Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

I love your Easter display!!!!   I see you have my basket as well as a few others.  I know that from now on I'll be looking forward to his annual baskets.  Will have to show some restraint though.  How many Easter baskets can one person have?   Really beautiful display.  Love the egg trees too!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Hooty, Your table display is so pretty! :-)

Honored Contributor

@Hooty

I love your Easter display!HeartWoman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”