Respected Contributor

Re: My Jim Shore Easter and spring pieces

@homedecor1 wrote:

@crazycockermom

oops I think it was Kirkland's for the table runners too! I bought a piece of furniture in there today for my family room (I've been on a little spree😏🙄😄so I lose track of the stores I go to!)

Lol!!!  Ok, I'll check out Kirklands.  

Trusted Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:

I was never a collector of Jim Shore's items. While I thought they were interesting, I didn't think they were me.  Well, last Christmas I bought the Rudolph and Santa figurine and I was hooked.

Here is what I've collected so far this year:

Love these and like them against the cabinetry, but the ledge is a little too small, darnit.  

IMG_4771.JPG

IMG_4777.JPG

IMG_4780.JPG

so darling....motivating me to take out my Easter things <3!!!

I wanted to say, if you think the decor may fall off a ledge (I think the look is adorable!) buy a jar of museum wax...it's mere silicone and safe on ANYTHING! I use it for everything and have done so for ages on high-end furniture. And it just rolls right off when done - to be used again or throw out. You need a mere dab and it keeps objects in place. LOVE! try that ..a must for all homes that have nice or $$ and precious decor pieces!

Enjoy your Easter now.

Smiley Happy

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Honored Contributor

I love your collection. It all looks very nice. Jim Shore always offers so many cute things. Enjoy!

Respected Contributor

@mimi5775

Thank you!  Where could I find this museum wax?   I have something that sounds similar.  It is white and comes in the form of a flat stick.   It might be called poster putty or something like that.  I've had it a long time.  Anyway, I like the idea of museum wax in a jar.  

Get your Easter things out soon so you have time to enjoy them. Before you know it Easter will be here!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

I love your collection. It all looks very nice. Jim Shore always offers so many cute things. Enjoy!

Thanks colliemom4!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@crazycockermom, OMG I love your JS items and what you've done with them.  The bunnies and candles on the ledge are the most adorable things.  The bluebird with pink flowers is so so cute!  Heart

Respected Contributor

@SHOPR

Thanks so much!
Respected Contributor

@crazycockermom, your Jim Shore Easter items are fabulous! And I love the way you have them displayed. They all look so good together. Soooooo nice. 

And I showed some true restraint today. I went back into my Hallmark store to get an item I'd seen the last time I was there. It's a little birthday gift for a friend...a cute kitchen towel. Anyway, while in there I checked out the JS items. It was all I could do to walk outta there without these two:

Lucky Duckies - Two Ducklings

But I did. And I'm not looking back.....I think. Ha!

Respected Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

@crazycockermom, your Jim Shore Easter items are fabulous! And I love the way you have them displayed. They all look so good together. Soooooo nice. 

And I showed some true restraint today. I went back into my Hallmark store to get an item I'd seen the last time I was there. It's a little birthday gift for a friend...a cute kitchen towel. Anyway, while in there I checked out the JS items. It was all I could do to walk outta there without these two:

Lucky Duckies - Two Ducklings

But I did. And I'm not looking back.....I think. Ha!

First of all pupwhipped, thank you for your sweet words.  Secondly, how could you leave those ducks behind??   They are precious and would look good on my kitchen ledge year round.   Now I'm going to have to keep an eye out for them.  So cute!!!!

Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom

I just love the Jim Shore pieces you selected!!!   And your displays are vey nice!!!  His pieces are always very very tempting.....

I have several of the JS Rudolph pieces and they are so well done!!!!  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”