Honored Contributor

Re: My Favorite "Illustrateor" Of American Life

@PamfromCT wrote:

@ECBG, You are most welcome.  There are so many wonderful places to go in the country, no matter where you go.  I have never spent time in the Carolinas!

Of course, DH and I are the original “museum nuts.”  It is nice to visit small museums, that you can easily see in an afternoon or in a day for a change.

@PamfromCT Oh Girl!  You would be enamoured with Biltmore House and Gardens.  It's the largest privately owned "castle" in the United States.  It opened Christmas 1895.  I am the great granddaughter of the master carpenter and artist that worked on Biltmore House.  I remember my great grandfather very well.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you - love NR. We'll try to go to Boston in the near future - plans were messed up in 2020. I'll sure put that on our list. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

IPhone in right corner, today's Thanksgiving!

Honored Contributor

@MoonieBaby wrote:

IPhone in right corner, today's Thanksgiving!

@MoonieBaby  They ALL have a device.

Super Contributor

Sadly, it's not really 'today's' Thanksgiving without face coverings.  Wishing everyone a safe and happy Thanksgiving.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@PamfromCT wrote:

Along with the Rockwell museum, Rockwell’s studio is now open to the public in a small adjoining building.  I would also recommend spending time in Stockbridge, Rockwell’s town, 

a very quaint New England place.  We also like to dine at the Red Lion Inn when we go.

@PamfromCT 

Awwww....Thank you so much for telling me.  I live in the mountains of western NC.  I doubt I'll ever get up there but will very much enjoy looking them up.  Thank you again.

We had a large gel snow globe for years with Norman Rockwell's Santa.  The gel went cloudy, so I no longer have it.  I loved that piece!

@ECBG I just looked on Ebay...there are a bunch of NR Christmas snow globes for sale/auction...you might find one like yours or one you like to replace it. Smiley Happy

I second all the praise for visiting Stockbridge, NR museum & studio, and Red Lion~been there often, stayed at Red Lion too around Christmastime, in a blizzard once...so beautiful...like stepping into a Hallmark movie. I could do without our lonnnng winters, especially this dreary/stay at home year, but I do love the charms of New England. 

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ 

Ahhh yes.

A true depiction isn't it?  ugh, like what's the point if no one is unplugged?

Honored Contributor

@Zsazsa wrote:

Sadly, it's not really 'today's' Thanksgiving without face coverings.  Wishing everyone a safe and happy Thanksgiving.

@Zsazsa  Except for the phones in the picture it is definitely today's Thanksgiving. Why would you wear a mask at dinner or in your family's home?

Honored Contributor

@MoonieBaby wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ 

Ahhh yes.

A true depiction isn't it?  ugh, like what's the point if no one is unplugged?

@MoonieBaby  Lol! I'm sure it happens but I really haven't seen it a lot at Thanksgiving. My husbands family is too busy talking at the dinner table. They almost need to take numbers as who will speak next. Mostly they all talk at the same time.

Esteemed Contributor

@jeanlake, Alas, the Norman Rockwell Museum is in the Berkshires, western Mass.  But not to worry, Boston is full of wonderful places to visit.  You can take the Boston walking tour, taking in such history.  So much there, and across the river is Cambridge.  We have spent time there, too.  Don’t get me going about the Boston Museum Of Fine Arts.

@ECBG, I have seen some pictures of Biltmore, and I think I would be in heaven there.  Your great-grandfather must have been such a talented man.  An artist with wood.  I admire artists in any field, as I only have a thimbleful of talent.