Regular Contributor

My DH is the world's best cook!

I hate to cook and my husband like to so he made ALL of our Thanksgiving dinner--wouldn't allow me in the kitchen.

It was delicious!

We usually go with a Butterball turkey but there were none to be had--in under 20 lbs., which is was too much for our family--so he bought a Morningstar fresh turkey. I once tried to make a fresh turkey and it was came out just dreadful so I was a little apprehensive. I don't know he did it but it the Morningstar bird came out just right: the white meat wasn't all dried out and the dark meat was juicy and delicious. About the only thing I cooked was the cranberry sauce and it's pretty hard to ruin that (although I've managed to, once or twice Woman LOL)

The mashed potatoes were perfect, the cornbread was just right, and even the stuffing was perfect! Please pardon my bragging but it I just can't help it. I'm so proud of my DH and still enjoyng yesterrday's meal--which also made for heavenly leftovers today! (Sometimes I think the leftovers are the best part of Thanksgiving.)

Honored Contributor

Re: My DH is the world's best cook!

Mine didn't know how to turn the stove on............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

Sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  How nice that your husband likes to cook!

Honored Contributor

The leftovers are always better the second day!

Honored Contributor

I took my leftover butternut squash, added chicken broth, blended it up and had delicious soup.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

LOL, is that why you call yourself @Huge Hannah ?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

He is a keeper.  Wonderful that you both had a great meal.

Esteemed Contributor

@Huge Hannah  Nice !! JMO, but I think we all enjoy the leftovers because we are so blooming tired after all day preparation on the actual day, that we just can't enjoy the meal. I remember those days of a house full of people and after cooking all day, I barely ate. Too tired, so I just enjoyed the family.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Regular Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

LOL, is that why you call yourself @Huge Hannah ?

ha ha! No but if I ate all the tummy things my dh makes, I would be huge! :-)

Respected Contributor

I wish mine knew how to boil water.  I do worry about him if I go first and he's left alone.  He's gonna starve within a matter of days.