Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: My DH is the world's best cook!

Are you hiring him out to cook for others? Let me know

Honored Contributor

@Tyak wrote:

I wish mine knew how to boil water.  I do worry about him if I go first and he's left alone.  He's gonna starve within a matter of days.

@Tyak  A neighbor said that everytime she came home from a hospital stay, her husband was ten pounds thinner, lol.

Respected Contributor

My husband helped me cook but best of all he was in the kitchen cleaning up any mess and did the dishes!

Esteemed Contributor

Tyak -- you made me laugh out loud. Husband asked and I read your post. He looked sheepish. 

To our poster - good on ya. What a great gift for you -- and the poster who said husband helps clean the kitchen. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Super Contributor

@Huge Hannah

I'm not that great at cooking; but, my husband is.. I love to clean, but not a fan of cooking.. I'll cook, but nothing involved; yet I make the best salads & a fantastic gravey.. That's it!!..

On the other hand when my DH cooks the kitchen looks like WW3 hit it.. Working in restaurants he knows a lot about technique.. He makes a phenomenal OSSO BUCO.. One of my girlfriends says that he can even make  Black Coffee taste good..

I'm Felix Unger & he's Oscar Madison.. Not to that extreme,  I like things to be nice & neat & elegant.. He's messy in the garage & guess who goes & organizes everything there.. When he needs a tool, he'll say, " but I left it there," well, put it back where it belongs.. 😂😂😂 Ahaa, fun times!!!

Respected Contributor

My husband is a good cook. He retired before I did. He started cooking supper and became my favorite cook.

Regular Contributor

@lavenderfields wrote:

Sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  How nice that your husband likes to cook!

Pardon me for bragging but I really do have one of he best -- if not THE best -- husbands in the world. Sometimes I wonder why he puts up with me.

Regular Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I took my leftover butternut squash, added chicken broth, blended it up and had delicious soup.

That sounds heavenly. Maybe I'll include squash for Christmas dinner and then make it into soup; it sounds delicious and easy to make, too.

Respected Contributor

@Huge Hannah  Maybe because you are one of the best wives in the world!  Never forget to give yourself some credit.  Sounds like the two of you mesh well, which is something to be cherished in today's world.

Honored Contributor

I wish my husband liked to cook, that's the only household duty he doesn't do since he retired.