Honored Contributor

@ZoetheCat Gorgeous, your home looks absolutely beautiful too.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@ZoetheCat  Very festive and pretty.  Blessings for you and the family.  Celebrate with the family who are there.

Honored Contributor

Happy, Inviting, and Pleasant looking...very pretty table setting.

Respected Contributor
What a beautiful setting! The table and room look gorgeous!!

Sorry for all you’re going through. Hope you were able to have a nice Christmas. 😊
Honored Contributor

@ZoetheCat

Very pretty table arrangement and colors.  The red is not overpowering but adds to the color scheme.  I also like your wall color.  It appears to be a light mint green. 

Prayers for your brother-in-law and your husband's friends family.  My DH has been battling a serious health issue since August.  We are both trying to take one day at a time and live life to the fullest.  As you said tomorrow is not guaranteed for anyone.  

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Super Contributor

@AnikaBrodie wrote:

@ZoetheCat

Very pretty table arrangement and colors.  The red is not overpowering but adds to the color scheme.  I also like your wall color.  It appears to be a light mint green. 

Prayers for your brother-in-law and your husband's friends family.  My DH has been battling a serious health issue since August.  We are both trying to take one day at a time and live life to the fullest.  As you said tomorrow is not guaranteed for anyone.  

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Thank you @AnikaBrodie and all the posters in this thread for your kind words.  The wall color is actually not as bright as it appears in photographs. I think it was called "Sea Drops", so it's more of a pale jade green. Its rather subtle, but very pretty (at least to me).

I am so sorry for your husband's health issues.  I find it inspring that you have chosen to continue living life to the fullest.  My sister-in-law has this same attitude.  Despite the fact that her husband (my brother-in-law) has been sick for much of their married life, she hever loses sight of the fact that there is always someone who has problems worse than theirs. I know it hasn't been easy for her, and I'm sure it is not easy for you either, but I do believe that a positive attitude is key.  

My prayers are with you and with all the wonderful posters here who are facing their own challanges.

Super Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Looks lovely. Wish I could do that but my in laws are paper plates and messy table people. LOL.

I have to admit that I thought of your post when I was cleaning up last night @proudlyfromNJ.  It sure would have been a lot easier to dispose of paper plates after a long day of cooking!

Honored Contributor

Beautiful!  May I ask if that's an antique dough bowl in the centerpiece?  Lovely!

Super Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Beautiful!  May I ask if that's an antique dough bowl in the centerpiece?  Lovely!

Thank you @ECBG.  The dough bowl is not an antique.  I bought it several years ago from one of the home catalog companies.  Might have been Pottery Barn.  I really hesitated at the time because it as more than I wanted to pay, but I'm so glad I broke down and bought it.  I decorate it depending on the season. In summer, I fill it with sand, sea glass and shells.  In fall, it's acorns and mini pumpkins and in spring I use Easter eggs.  Christmas is obvious, but I usually struggle with January/February/March.  I've been scouring Pinterest to try to come up with my next bowl filler.

I just came across this picture of my summer bowl.

100_0566.JPG

Respected Contributor
What a beautiful summer table!! I really love your style!