Honored Contributor

Music for Christmas?

[ Edited ]

Today I'm playing an Irish Christmas album.  The label says carols played by Celtic instruments.  I hear more the Celtic instruments than the melodies, which is why I like it.

I also have a favorite Burl Ives album that I love.  His rendition of "Have a Holly, Jolly Christmas" is the most cheery Christmas song I've ever heard.

Irish ChristmasHave A Holly Jolly Christmas

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

I'm cutting up fruit for a fresh fruit salad and listening to my Josh Groban and Pentatonix cd's.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I have Christmas CDs of famous artisits, all the way back to the Dorseys, Sinatra and Martin, Elvis, Mormon Tabernacle Choir, and going forward to electronic music.  I also enjoy listening to the cable music channel's seasonal music.

Contributor

Mannheim Steamroller right now.  The Carpenters before that!  Love it all!

Respected Contributor

@Sansun

I heard a long series of Christmas music by the Manheim Steamroller orchestra on the radio  today, and it makes me want to own the CD, if one is available.  Will look for it.  Fabulous sound!!

Honored Contributor

@Sansun wrote:

Mannheim Steamroller right now.  The Carpenters before that!  Love it all!

@SansunYour family and ours must listen to the same music.  One of my other favorites is the holiday CD by Alabama.

Valued Contributor

'Desperately seeking soothing.  Right now:  Saint Saens Christmas Oratorio (1858), to be followed by Benjamin Britten A Ceremony of Carols (1942).

After that, everything from Gregorian (Christmas) to The Temps to German Carols To South of the Border to Morman Tabernacle Choir to Reggae Christmas and eveything in between!

Happy Listening, All..   and 'Wishing You

Image result for holiday peace and joy gif

~ sue

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Kindness is a gift everyone can afford to give.
**Be the reason someone smiles today : )
Valued Contributor

Re: Music for Christmas?

[ Edited ]

Today I've been listening to Michael Buble and Kenny G.Heart