Occasional Contributor

Mrs. Prindable's aka Sprinkles

Quality Control at QVC really needs to improve as Mrs. Prindable's apples are using "Sprinkles" to cover up the real taste of the apples.  I have never liked sprinkles, but Mrs. Prindable's apples have become Sprinkles with an apple and alittle caramel. 

Please stop using sprinkles as a cover up to sell a product.  The red round hard sprinkle has so much red dye in them that it is hard to wash off your hands which means they are not healthy even for a sprinkle.

The varieties of apples have become colored dye sprinkle apples which all have started tasting like the same thing.  I have bought these apples as long as they have been on QVC, but my orders are going to stop as the quality of them are at 1 out of 10.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Mrs. Prindable's aka Sprinkles

I think the solution is obvious.  Quit buying them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Making them yourself is the ONLY way to know what's inside.   My mother used to do it......but it's a really STICKY job....

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I bought a trio of coated apples in a local grocery - not Mrs. P. but I did learn that I would rather have an apple and a piece of candy than a candy apple.  

Honored Contributor

I buy some really good caramel and candy apples with NO sprinkles in the produce dept. at most grocery stores during the fall and holiday season, usually sold in a set of 2 in a clamshell type packaging.

If you want to add some nuts or chocolate, I let them sit at room temp. for a bit, till the caramel softens a bit, then put some nuts or mini chocolate chips in a wax paper lined cookie sheet and just roll them around.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Making them yourself is the ONLY way to know what's inside.   My mother used to do it......but it's a really STICKY job....

@Desertdi  I made my own for several years.  It is a mess and time consuming.  I got Mrs. P about 3 yrs ago and found them to be good, so kept getting them.  Hope they are okay this year.  We'll see............

Honored Contributor

You can contact Laurie Shore on FB and ask her to go lighter on the sprinkles.  Smiley Happy

But, I agree with another poster that apples and candy are better eaten separately.

Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I think the solution is obvious.  Quit buying them.

I totally agree with this comment. I have vowed to quit buying any food products from QVC. I had these apples ordered and cancelled my advanced shipment. Thank goodness. From the reviews, it was a good thing. My yearly Germack order will have been the last after this year. Old, hard nuts and pretzels in them. When these 2 products were good, they were an excellent food item. Have had too many hits and misses with all food in the past, including coffee cakes. Have been happy with the pot stickers, but like everything else on QVC or elsewhere, prices have stopped my buying anything not essential.