Super Contributor

Was watching this morning when they brought on ceramic ornaments.  I was amused when the host went on and on about the detail in the painting! I'm sorry, but they looked cheap and something you could get at your nearest dollar store.

Honored Contributor

@Tuffcookie wrote:

Was watching this morning when they brought on ceramic ornaments.  I was amused when the host went on and on about the detail in the painting! I'm sorry, but they looked cheap and something you could get at your nearest dollar store.

I thought the same thing. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Absolutely............those we had been in the 40's - 50's.  Tiny and cheap.  Wonder how that company survives.

Esteemed Contributor

had a problem with one of their halloween items a few years ago....terrible customer service....never bought from them again....

Trusted Contributor

I didn't see the show, but I'm wondering if it was the set of 4 nostalgic ornaments that they sold as a tsv during Christmas in July.  If so, I purchased them and they are actually quite beautiful.  They have substantial weight to them and are painted beautifully.  The lights work as well.  I feel they are too heavy for me to put on my tree securely (kids and puppies are around!), but I did pop them into some of my displays. No complaints here.

I did go overboard and purchase a few of their larger pieces this year as well.  I bought the large ceramic Christmas Tree in green.  It is absolutely beautiful and I hope to have it for a long time.  I also bought the ceramic Gingerbread House and large sitting Reindeer for each of my girls to put in their rooms.  They are all nicely made and work well.  I did have a slight complaint about a little white spot on the reindeer, but it's not a big deal.  Other than that, I'm happy.

I know not everyone has the same positive experience as I do.  The company is either a hit or a miss for many.

Super Contributor

I bought the set of four small figurines.  They don't fit in with crystal, pearls, etc.  However they are darling, whimsical decorations.  I have tucked them in various small spaces and they bring a smile each time I notice one.

Honored Contributor

I haven't purchased anything from Mr. Christmas so can't speak to the company's quality.....  But I do like vintage and vintage look pieces.....Everyone has their preferences and likes and dislikes....  Personally I'm not a fan of the coastal look........not a fan of the beach, dont even vacation at the beach/coast....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I bought a Mr. Christmas ceramic tree this year from Amazon and love it.  I think this is the first Mr. Christmas item I've had.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Mr. Christmas items are nothing like they used to be back in the day. 

I especially remember the beautiful and intricate music boxes they had. I never seen anything like that on air now. 

Just ceramic Christmas trees in all sizes, and the Santa that climbs the ladder, and other cheapo looking things. 

Their line has really changed over the years, and not for the better in my opinion.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

Mr. Christmas items are nothing like they used to be back in the day. 

I especially remember the beautiful and intricate music boxes they had. I never seen anything like that on air now. 

Just ceramic Christmas trees in all sizes, and the Santa that climbs the ladder, and other cheapo looking things. 

Their line has really changed over the years, and not for the better in my opinion.

I agree! I have a skating rink and what I call "Dancing Ladies" that plays music while the couples move around the base. Both are large tabletop pieces. I also have 2 carousels....nothing like what they make now...