Honored Contributor

Re: Mother's day cards, sort of....

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.  Really. 

Esteemed Contributor

She is 91 years old. She doesn't have many Mothers Days left.

Trusted Contributor

@comedy clubber and what would that solve?  I just don't understand this type of thing.  If you're trying to hurt her, I doubt you'll accomplish that.  If that's your intention, how does that make you any different from her.  I'm astonished that someone would let their intentions known by asking this question.

Honored Contributor

Well, the woman is 91 so you won't have to be offended by her for too much longer.  I never heard of the type of hateful Mother's Day card you described.  This is not about your father teaching you to send cards, this is about you wanting to hurt her.  I'm going to take everything you said at face value and assume it's all 100% true; which only makes me wonder why you would have any contact at all with a person like that.  Why is she still in your life in any capacity?  This card thing is about you wanting to hurt her because of whatever happened between you in July....that thing that hurt you.  There's nothing you can do or say to hurt her now.  The past is the past and she is who she is.  So, just let it go.  Accept that there isn't a single thing you can ever do or say to her that will hurt her as much as he has hurt you in your life.  

Trusted Contributor

I used to have this problem with my dad. I would go from store to store trying to find a Father's day card that I felt wasn't a total lie. After years of doing this I gave up. I just started getting card that looked nice with a good verse inside. I would watch him read them and he actually believed what they said.. After he had passed on I was cleaning out his things and I found he had kept those cards.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Get her a Mother’s Day card from the dog. 

Esteemed Contributor

Save the Stamp................................

Esteemed Contributor

@comedy clubberIf you have been sending cards to her all of these years, then you have gone above and beyond and I would not send another card.   

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I wouldn’t bother with a card a all.

@QVCkitty1.  I agree; the strongest message would be no message at all.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I’d send a bunch of balloons with a card signed the Devil’s Child.

It would get lots of attention from the staff and she would have to look at the balloons all day!