Regular Contributor

Re: Most Disappointing CIJ in Years

I totally agree that it was the most disappointing CIJ over the last few years. I dvr'd most everything and watched some things live and I was not impressed. I am still trying to figure out if was QVc's fault or because I have too much and partially because I own some of the best quality stuff out there. I bought the TSV Christmas tree that I swore I wouldn't buy until all the kinks were worked out (ya know that 5.0 version they will have eventually) and Valerie's gingerbread boy and girl but that is all that wowed me. I was really hoping for more of those HR figural the Q had that looked like ornaments and would color morphed.  I was hoping for some new designs and characters like and elf or a quirky mouse couple with a Night Before Christmas feel to them.

Regular Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I, too, have been a big CIJ lover for many, many years. And I agree they had moved way past the 'clearing out the unwanted stuff', and become on trend and relevant with many of their offerings during these last few years. 

Customers on this board were enjoying so much new, and exciting new as well. 

QVC, I just want you to know that this year fell short.

Alberti involved would have increased interest, as well as offering some more sophisticated decor (like Lisa was presenting before she left). 

We start asking for what we'd like to see next year, before CIJ even shuts down. I don't think you were listening this year.

I still enjoyed the shows, and still look forward to next year, but am coming away from this weekend disappointed in the overall selection of goods offered.

@Mominohio wrote:

I, too, have been a big CIJ lover for many, many years. And I agree they had moved way past the 'clearing out the unwanted stuff', and become on trend and relevant with many of their offerings during these last few years. 

Customers on this board were enjoying so much new, and exciting new as well. 

QVC, I just want you to know that this year fell short.

Alberti involved would have increased interest, as well as offering some more sophisticated decor (like Lisa was presenting before she left). 

We start asking for what we'd like to see next year, before CIJ even shuts down. I don't think you were listening this year.

I still enjoyed the shows, and still look forward to next year, but am coming away from this weekend disappointed in the overall selection of goods offered.

I would like to see Alberti have his own show that isn't at 2:00 a.m. Also most of each hour was spoiled by too much of the TSV and a good 40 minutes worth each time.

Regular Contributor

At least it was better than the HSN CIJ Smiley LOL

Valued Contributor

CIJ wasn't the best ever, but it wasn't the worst ever. I hope there will be a few more things new added for browsing.

The B&M stores last year had cut back on the amount in less aisles, too. No one wants to be stuck with merchandise.

Myself, I only purchased things that I have a place for in my home and can be stored efficiently. I purchased nothing that needs batteries, yea! I was happy to see new programming for Irish Christmas, I bought the throw and pillow cover for a sitting area I've never decorated. Those will go good with the tree and the wreath my husband told me to buy for that area. And the garland in Jill's show will replace some falling apart ones I bought several years ago.

Trusted Contributor

Well I'm glad I was not the only one disappointed in CIJ. I was worried there was something wrong with me. I remember from last year there weren't many so called decor shows after CIJ and no harvest decor shows. I guess I'll just watch Netflix.

Frequent Contributor

I find so many of the items offered to be too cutsy for my lifestyle. I think the Q's offereings would be fine for those with young families but that is not me.   I would really like to see some more sophisticated decor.  The stuff must sell, though, so I guess that is why they will continue to offer it.  I have really edited down my holiday decor so I don't need anything. 

Honored Contributor

I only wish it wasn't 97 degrees with 100% humidity when CIJ is presented- I spent all 3 days floating on my raft with cool drink.

Also, sadly if I get a new item "I want instant gratification - get it home & use it"!

years and years ago I used to take days off from work for Big Silver Day, Gold Day and Special CIJ days to enjoy hosts and products. no more it's a sign of the times - I can barely tolerate the new squeaky screaming madness (and crazy dress styles) and repetitive or insane products/prices of Q anymore.

My old Bose keeps me very happy listening to my fav CDs or radio station....guess it's just me...I'm getting "old" after all I enter the 60s on my bday this year🙀

Honored Contributor

@fluffie wrote:

I find so many of the items offered to be too cutsy for my lifestyle. I think the Q's offereings would be fine for those with young families but that is not me.   I would really like to see some more sophisticated decor.  The stuff must sell, though, so I guess that is why they will continue to offer it.  I have really edited down my holiday decor so I don't need anything. 

@fluffie

I'm at the place in life you are. I've done the whimsy and child loved themes and decor when my son was little, and have moved to more elegant and more seasonal than just 'Christmas' decor. 

I know that everyone likes different things, and I'm glad that Q shows different things. Before Lisa R. left, she had a nice variety of more elegant holiday things developing, and it appears that Q isn't going to continue that. The line was extremely popular, and I don't know what they are thinking, not moving forward with that, but the just don't seem to get it.