Esteemed Contributor

My thoughts this morning were about how different things could have been had he lived.  He was a man of peace, equality and justice for all.  

Respected Contributor

It is SUCH a shame that THE EMBRACE is what was chosen to "honour" MLK and Coretta.  A Disembodied tangle of arms that gives NO indication of the Visionary those arms belong to.  And that is the prudish review.  The raw review is that "The Embrace",  Should one choose to take long blunt look at that memorial sculpture,  could be viewed in not such a nice way.

Honored Contributor

Listening to Dr. Bernice King's speech (MLK's daughter) was incredibly powerful- not words-actions. To live "King" 365 days a year and in our hearts and minds.

She talks about how people love to quote Dr. King on this day but not live it 365 days a year.

Also his grandaughter, Yolanda Renee King's speech in Jan 2022 (13 at the time).

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@candys mine wrote:

It is SUCH a shame that THE EMBRACE is what was chosen to "honour" MLK and Coretta.  A Disembodied tangle of arms that gives NO indication of the Visionary those arms belong to.  And that is the prudish review.  The raw review is that "The Embrace",  Should one choose to take long blunt look at that memorial sculpture,  could be viewed in not such a nice way.

@candys mine Thank you for saying what I've been thinking.  I don't even know why anyone would have approved that.  It is nothing short of puzzling--at best.  Nothing about it gives a casual passer-by any inkling of what it is about.  And isn't that the purpose of a memorial sculpure?  To inform, not to confuse?