Frequent Contributor

Has anyone ever made the glittered pumpkins that Martha makes? They are just so beautiful!! I haven't made any for this year, but I have in the past and it was so much fun. I found the directions on her web site and it was easy to do, just required a little patience and I'm not loaded with it at my age. It's a fun project for Grandmothers and their Grandchildren!! Try it when you see pumpkins at your grocery store....

Respected Contributor

Re: Martha Stewart Pumpkins!!

Just watched the video.... pretty pumpkins! Leave it to Martha to make pumpkins pretty! 

A few of those down a center of a table with some candles  mixed in would be pretty!! Or, just on display elsewhere too - on a side table or island or ... fun project... a little messy, but not bad ... 

(reminds me of my mother glittering pinecones at Christmas time to hang from red satin ribbons and bow on the doors)

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

Such wonderful creative ideas!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

I really want to try that!

Honored Contributor

No glitter gets in my house if I can help it!  

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Lol.  Are you a teacher?  I was and I used to come home with glitter on my face and eyelashes.  My husband always pointed that out.  

Frequent Contributor

I loved your comment about your Mother and the pinecones.....I did the same thing!!! But even messier was writing each child's name in glitter on a package and then sprinkling  glitter onto it. Turned out very  pretty, but what a mess with the glitter!!! We didn't have the crafty things then that are available now. My sister would have a field day at Michael's!!!

Honored Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

Lol.  Are you a teacher?  I was and I used to come home with glitter on my face and eyelashes.  My husband always pointed that out.  

LOL!!!  No, but I hate finding the stuff all over me and all over the house!  I always had some glitter because people gave me cards at work at the holidays!  My husband would  laugh about it.  The cat used to have glitter on him and I'd try to get it off so he wouldn't lick it. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

All of my family members and friends have heard my mantra: "If you love me, you won't give me glitter." Smiley Happy  You should see how careful I am about not touching things when I try to buy greeting cards at the store! That pernicious glitter will do everything it can to come home with me...