Valued Contributor

Marking Box Damaged Is Useless

I learned today that there is no point in marking the box of a defective item as "Damaged" because Q just puts tape over the word.
In all honesty, I don't think I'll buy anything else from QVC.
I  feel it's highly unethical for them to knowingly resell a  defective item.

I'm pretty,but I'm not beautiful.
I sin, but I'm not the devil.
I'm good,but I'm not an angel.
Marilyn Monroe
Valued Contributor

Re: Marking Box Damaged Is Useless

@SweetSydney-- What did you buy that was damanged?

Respected Contributor

I don't understand.  They aren't going to send you the same packing slip as the previous customer because it would have that person's name on it.  And when you send back any item you have to tear off the bottom of the packing slip and put in package. 

Respected Contributor

i'm confused as well.  how can you know that?

Honored Contributor

@SweetSydneyI have no idea what actually upset you so, but I do think you might want to buy locally where you can see what you're carrying home.  With millions of boxes moving out and in and out of warehouses, lots of things aren't the way they'd be if we picked the items up from "neighbors." 

Every company has some negative reviews, but it's painful to be the person on the receiving end.

Respected Contributor

How did you learn that?

Valued Contributor

@Beauty Maven wrote:

@SweetSydney-- What did you buy that was damanged?

@Beauty Maven
My DH bought one of the Kaleidoscope Light Show Trees. And the box was marked damaged. And the tree was damaged. Something is loose inside and rattled around when he took the tree out of the box.

Marilyn Monroe
Valued Contributor

@luvmybeetle wrote:

I don't understand.  They aren't going to send you the same packing slip as the previous customer because it would have that person's name on it.  And when you send back any item you have to tear off the bottom of the packing slip and put in package. 

@luvmybeetle
Well, obviously they didn't send my husband the same packing slip as the previous customer. I'll try to explain it so that you can understand.  The box was marked "Damaged" and the item inside was damaged.

Marilyn Monroe
Valued Contributor

@kittyloo wrote:

i'm confused as well.  how can you know that?

@kittyloo
The item was a return. The box was marked "Damaged" and the item inside was damaged.

Marilyn Monroe
Valued Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@SweetSydneyI have no idea what actually upset you so, but I do think you might want to buy locally where you can see what you're carrying home.  With millions of boxes moving out and in and out of warehouses, lots of things aren't the way they'd be if we picked the items up from "neighbors." 

Every company has some negative reviews, but it's painful to be the person on the receiving end.

@millieshops
In another thread, a number of us felt that if we received an item that was defective, we should mark the box so that Q wouldn't resell the item.
Believe me, I'm going to be shopping locally. It's difficult though because it requires my husband to load my wheelchair into our car. I have primary progressive multiple sclerosis and I shop online. 
This particular company has had a lot of bad reviews this year, but my husband took a chance anyway.
I guess I don't understand why no one that has replied in this thread isn't concerned that a box that was clearly marked damaged was sent out.
Yes, it's annoying to be the person on the receiving end.

Marilyn Monroe