Respected Contributor

Re: Many things cheaper right now than TSV prices

@Mominohio wrote:

@froggy wrote:

Yes, I noticed that and was telling my husband about it. Look hard for dents in your oversized figures, send it back as damaged and reorder. That is, if it's worth the savings to you. I might find that too much trouble.

These aren't as is, but still regular stock that is that much cheaper today because of the free shipping. I'd have to guess a lot of people who ordered those oversized pieces last week are less than happy about it.

@Mominohio  Count me as one of those uphappy people. I paid $19 in shipping charges for the five foot Valerie tree....and then a few days later, it is free shipping.

I haven't opened it yet.......and I am very tempted to send it back. 

Honored Contributor

@Regal Bee wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@froggy wrote:

Yes, I noticed that and was telling my husband about it. Look hard for dents in your oversized figures, send it back as damaged and reorder. That is, if it's worth the savings to you. I might find that too much trouble.

These aren't as is, but still regular stock that is that much cheaper today because of the free shipping. I'd have to guess a lot of people who ordered those oversized pieces last week are less than happy about it.

@Mominohio  Count me as one of those uphappy people. I paid $19 in shipping charges for the five foot Valerie tree....and then a few days later, it is free shipping.

I haven't opened it yet.......and I am very tempted to send it back. 

@Regal Bee  I think for large items such as trees, it should be free shipping from the get-go.  Imagine, I have two trees on the way, $38 or so I could have saved.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm frustrated when certain sizes or colors sell out on free shipping day and reappear the next day!  I know it's people canceling their orders and inventory getting re-adjusted, but it's still very frustrating. Oh well, life goes on.  

Respected Contributor

I couldn’t resist this beautiful table I have had on my wish list for some time.  I saved $26 in shipping...score!!

8180DE6E-A78B-4924-AA70-41CC40BC26A6.jpeg

Valued Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

I'm frustrated when certain sizes or colors sell out on free shipping day and reappear the next day!  I know it's people canceling their orders and inventory getting re-adjusted, but it's still very frustrating. Oh well, life goes on.  

@SHOPR
I feel the same way. It truly is very frustrating. My husband wanted a very expensive Christmas decoration for our for our front door. Shipping on the item is $55.78.  It was out-of-stock, the next day, it was back in stock.

I'm pretty,but I'm not beautiful.
I sin, but I'm not the devil.
I'm good,but I'm not an angel.
Marilyn Monroe
Respected Contributor

I finally got around to opening my Valerie tree and it is, indeed, totally gorgeous. My husband really liked it, too.

Still not happy about those shipping charges but will definitely keep it. 

Respected Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@Mominohio, Good info you shared.  I really miss the notes feature of the old wish list.  

What are you getting today?

So far, I have ordered the 5" gray BL linen textured moving flame touch candles, a 19" bronze Luminara Heritage lantern, and CZJ previous TSV King coverlet as-is in champagne.  Even though I'm spending, I'm proud of myself for sticking to year-round things.  

@SHOPR if you have the QVC app the old wish list is still there and so are the notes section. This is what I use to record prices. I have noticed in the past 2 weeks many of the clearance prices on my wish list have gone UP.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you, @DJs mom.  I do have the app but it logs me out often, so I don't use it that much for account functions.  I think I will start using it regularly now.