Honored Contributor

Many things cheaper right now than TSV prices

With the free shipping today, the oversized characters are almost $20 less than they were (price and shipping combined) today than they were on the day they were the TSV. 

The Luminara mini lanterns are as well. 

Just a heads up to those who don't know that oftentimes things are cheaper on free ship day than they are on TSV day.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Many things cheaper right now than TSV prices

@Mominohio, Good info you shared.  I really miss the notes feature of the old wish list.  

What are you getting today?

So far, I have ordered the 5" gray BL linen textured moving flame touch candles, a 19" bronze Luminara Heritage lantern, and CZJ previous TSV King coverlet as-is in champagne.  Even though I'm spending, I'm proud of myself for sticking to year-round things.  

Respected Contributor

Yes, I noticed that and was telling my husband about it. Look hard for dents in your oversized figures, send it back as damaged and reorder. That is, if it's worth the savings to you. I might find that too much trouble.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the heads up. Right now I have the 11” hobnail candle holders and the bowl in my cart, as well as the as-is green and champagne bottlebrush trees. The hobnail stuff are year round items. The trees are Christmas basics imo. Debating on more BL candles in latte and/or ivory.
Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

With the free shipping today, the oversized characters are almost $20 less than they were (price and shipping combined) today than they were on the day they were the TSV. 

Just a heads up to those who don't know that oftentimes things are cheaper on free ship day than they are on TSV day.

@Mominohio.  The TSV price is supposed to be the lowest price at which an item will be sold for 6 month.  Some of us recently got a small refund when the Bliss chair was sold below the TSV price.  If that is the case here, advise the mods.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@Mominohio.  The TSV price is supposed to be the lowest price at which an item will be sold for 6 month.  Some of us recently got a small refund when the Bliss chair was sold below the TSV price.  If that is the case here, advise the mods.

@Kachina624It's not that the actual price is less. The total cost is less because of the free shipping. I don't think they will honor a decrease like that since we have all ordered things recently that have free shipping now.

Frequent Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

I thought it was the ONE DAY ONLY that is the cheapest it's going to be for 6 months.  I could be mistaken though.  It could be both.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I’d sure be disappointed to have paid full shipping on those decorations and then see it free a short time later. Some people probably got two—double shipping if I recall correctly would be $52. 

Honored Contributor

@froggy wrote:

Yes, I noticed that and was telling my husband about it. Look hard for dents in your oversized figures, send it back as damaged and reorder. That is, if it's worth the savings to you. I might find that too much trouble.

These aren't as is, but still regular stock that is that much cheaper today because of the free shipping. I'd have to guess a lot of people who ordered those oversized pieces last week are less than happy about it.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

The price of the items isn't less, it's the shipping that is now free, making the total purchase so much less. I doubt CS will do anything about it. The free shipping is just for the one day and doesn't include prior purchases. 

I didn't buy the item, as I had a feeling that would be the case, a free shipping day was about due, and I've seen this happen a lot of times. A TSV is considerably less (total price) on a free shipping day, than it was on it's 'Special' day.