Honored Contributor

Re: Many people say they will decorate heavily for holidays this year.....

I'm the matriarch of the family.  I will decorate the way I normally do.  It's for DH, myself, and the GS's, plus our son and My Daughter In Love!

I'm even considering an additional handmade Santa!

I will decorate until I can't move a box!

I want those grandsons to remember and go forward.

Esteemed Contributor

I decorate for the fall first and I started doing that last weekend. That will stay up until Thanksgiving and I'll do whatever I'm going to do for Christmas.

Since I don't expect that I'll get together with family this year for the holidays, whatever I do will be for my own enjoyment. I have one cat who thinks that chewing on things (including the faux Christmas tree) is ever so much fun that I may not put it up this year. Last year I was so stressed about her persistent desire to chew on it that I took it down two days after I put it up! I'm looking for another way to display my ornaments instead so I have to figure that out first.

Whatever you do, do whatever makes you happy.

Respected Contributor

I decorate differently almost every year.....always coming up with new ideas. Sometimes I go all out and sometimes I step back a bit. Stepping back for me still means I usually decorate two trees.

This year I feel stuck.....I haven't done a bit of Fall decorating and that is unheard of for me but I just can't get into it and I have a sense that I will feel the same way about Christmas decorating. Not being able to see my friends has really impacted me and we haven't had anyone in our home since April. We have decided not to gather with any family this year and the whole virus issue has left me flat.

I suppose I will decide later..........just not into any of it right now. Sad.

Respected Contributor

@Regal Bee wrote:

I decorate differently almost every year.....always coming up with new ideas. Sometimes I go all out and sometimes I step back a bit. Stepping back for me still means I usually decorate two trees.

This year I feel stuck.....I haven't done a bit of Fall decorating and that is unheard of for me but I just can't get into it and I have a sense that I will feel the same way about Christmas decorating. Not being able to see my friends has really impacted me and we haven't had anyone in our home since April. We have decided not to gather with any family this year and the whole virus issue has left me flat.

I suppose I will decide later..........just not into any of it right now. Sad.

@Regal Bee I hope you will feel more enthusiastic later.  Maybe we need a Thankgiving weekend forum decorating party to encourage one another here to get out those totes and boxes and deck the halls.

Honored Contributor

I did an amazing amount of decorating when our sons were growing up.  I've scaled back somewhat.  

We will always have a tree.  Hopefully, Shadow (2), won't eat the decorations, (I have barricades).  My handmade Santa will be on the mantle, and the other one on a table with chairs around it which is a good buffer for the pup!

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I haven't put up a traditional tree in 23 years. Our parents are no longer with us and it just isn't a priority, Christmas will come and go whether of not I have a tree. Besides, I would always take everything down the day after Christmas. Last year I put out a couple of flameless candles and used the green and red tablecloth/napkins for dinner. I used to put up some small decorations but it wasn't worth the hassle with the dogs. My sister keeps telling me as the matriarch of the family I should decorate. Ha, I told her I'm delegating it to her. My house, my rules.