Respected Contributor

Re: Many people say they will decorate heavily for holidays this year.....

There's so much happening in my life right now that I can't even think about my decorations for Christmas.  I'll have to see how I feel on Thanksgiving weekend.  My process for deorating this year certainly will be more spontaneous in nature than usual.

Honored Contributor

We will do the same amount as usual.  Which I would not say is heavily, just moderate.  No family or anything, just us.  We do it for us, because we love it and it's part of our tradition.  Whether it's been a good year or bad, we do it.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

I will put out all my Christmas villages and 4 trees (3 are pencil or slim now) and do up the kitchen in Gingerbread. My Granddaughter gets excited helping me decorate.....we just did Halloween....

I told her she could change the theme for the tree in her Play room  from FROZEN to UNICORN.....I let her pick out some new doo dads for it...

I know with my arthritis that there will be a day when I won't be able to do it.

One of my goals when I retired, was to take my time and decorate for the Holidays.

We don't put up lights along the house or set up outside decor anymore though....

Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio  Everything sounds beautiful. How did you go about finding the right workers who could do the job(s)? We need to have renovations done, but so afraid of getting poor workmanship.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

I am too sad this year to put up a tree and since we didn't put one up the last 3 years, then it will be no different. 

I will probably bring out a silver jingle bell tree I bought at a local gift shop last year.  And I will probably put out the plug in mercury lit tree from Valerie Parr Hill. I say probably.  That will take less than 5 minutes. 

I AM sending Christmas cards this year and actually addressed them on Sunday. This might be the last year for that though.  Just not feeling the need to do it anymore, but I already had the cards. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

I prefer a touch of the season than the merchandising style. No kids in my life  And visitors will be few if at all. So a touch here, a touch there.

Respected Contributor

We're not decorating as much this year.  I put out my Halloween wreath and these 2 large ceramic pumpkins with witches hat that you put a candle in and I think that's it.  We usually put out spider webs all over, a large human size with that cackle and stirs her pot when the kids would walk by and grave stones that made noise.  I'm thinking Christmas decorating will not be as much either.  A lot has to do with the pandemic but some of it is it's getting a little much for us and we just don't want to do all of it anymore.

Respected Contributor

I will have my tree up and will decorate the mantle and buffet top. Always a wreath on the front door. Other than that I'll be flexible. 

Honored Contributor

We are putting up our usual decorations. Nothing extra. We are not having any large family gatherings for Thanksgiving or Christmas. 

I still need to put out fall decorations! 😳 Thinking of doing that this week. I will change out the tablecloth, placemats, & centerpiece. I will add a bit of fall foliage to the grapevine wreath in our sunroom. We have a jack-o-lantern that lights up for our front window for trick or treaters, but door to door treating being discouraged in my city. I leave fall stuff out through Thanksgiving. 

We will put up our Christmas tree, wreath, nativity, and a few other items in the second week of December & leave those up until Epiphany. 

Respected Contributor

I'll be doing my "normal" decorating. We don't have kids, nor do we have any company at Christmas anymore...haven't for years...but I enjoy putting up a tree (just a simple one, with a mix of all kinds of ornaments--no picks, ribbons, illuminated stuff, or garland), a Nativity, a few things to sit around, and a wreath on the door. Never have been one to go all out, though I sure enjoy looking at others' efforts!

I will decorate either Thanksgivng weekend, or the one after.--just as I do every year.