Honored Contributor

Re: Many people say they will decorate heavily for holidays this year.....

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I don't know about heavily.  I will decorate more than I have for a few years.

My daughters, son in law and grandchildren these past few months got together and helped me organize my house.

It's almost back to where it was when my husband died 16 years ago.

I had the sidewalk and steps and front porch built the way I always wanted it.  They are all brick.  The steps and porch are all half moon.  I always wanted that.  I found someone who could give me what I wanted.  I love it.

I'm having all 3 and 1/2 bathrooms redone, some more than others.

I finally feel like I want to celebrate.  Now if I could just fix my back.

@Annabellethecat66 

Your sidewalk steps and porch sound fabulous! Enjoy them.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio When we built the house they'd already put in the porch and regular steps.

They needed to be repaired anyway. 

The stinky part of it though is that I can't use them.

I need to have some kind or railing put up so I can balance with them because of my really, really bad back.

I'm dealing with the bathrooms right now (daughter is helping me decide on colors, etc).

I'm the worst procrastinator you've ever met.  There'd be my picture next to the word.  I just like being home and put everything off.

That's another reason my daughter is here.  To uch me into getting all of this stuff done.

Valued Contributor

Nope...Nada. Nothing different this year. I always buy a poinsettia and put out a green garland 12" Christmas tree with tiny bulb ornaments purchased at Walgreens about 8 years ago. That's it.

Honored Contributor

I haven't heard many people say that, but I won't be one of them. 

Honored Contributor

Our Christmas decorations are always very simple, and that's the way we like it.   

The garden flag goes out by December 1st, the door wreath goes up, and the holiday towels are hung.   The family bible is open to Luke, chapter 2.  I have Christmas shower curtains for this year, and IF there's a tree, it will be the tabletop silver one that reminds my husband of the one he had in Vietnam.   

Our girls had to put out every decoration we owned when they were young, and it drove me crazy to have every surface covered for weeks.   We like subtle holiday touches in our home; not all out, over the top, in your face, everything Christmas outside and inside.  

My table surfaces are always pretty clear, which is how I like it.   I don't let Christmas decor get out of hand.    

Honored Contributor

Same amount as every year. Tree in living room and rec room. Bookshelves and end tables filled with VPH items. Some porch decorations and outdoor lights too. We don't go overboard like some people do, but you'd definitely know we celebrate Christmas. I'm giving my husband a few simple gifts like candy, socks, after shave and puzzles. QVC will get some of my dollars as I won't be going to the mall. If he asks what I want, I may give the item number of some Philosophy products.

Trusted Contributor

I am decorating early and a LOT! I have no idea who will be able to be here but it doesn't matter. I’m decorating every room. I have noticed at the garden centers that Christmas is selling well already. I go every week to different places and can see what has been selling. I am not waiting. When I see something I like I get it.
Respected Contributor

I won't do much more than I have done for the past couple of years. Before I buy anything, I make sure I have a place to store it first. 

Christmas decorations seem to take up a lot of space. 

Esteemed Contributor

I’m decorating the same way I always have.  On Black Friday I put on Home Alone and start decorating, it’s tradition.  When I get hungry I eat a turkey sandwich and it’s something I look forward to every year.  It’s just 4 of us so we are able to get together for Christmas following the Covid19 regulations.

Super Contributor

trees are up. i'm decorated inside. going to put some lights in windows in a week or two.