Respected Contributor

Re: Mantel decoration suggestions...to finial or not to finial, that is my question.

[ Edited ]

@151949 wrote:

I am not a decorating expert by far , however, you have the "stockings " right in a row , then behind them the luminaries all in  a row and behind that the garland is a straight line. It seems to me if your going to have the stockings hanging in a row then you should place the othetr objects into groupings then thread the garland around them.And , as someone else said - add some height.  Also, I would not put something like mercury glass in groupings with rustic pieces. I would keep it all rustic.Maybe if you added some taper candles in candlesticks they would add the height you need.

Thank you for your input.  I definitely need to add height.  I don't think the luminaries I have though are considered rustic, that's why I was unsure of what other pieces to add in with them...finials, those wire/glitter trees from dennis basso, candles...

My fireplace/mantel/hearth is rustic, but my decorations aren't...

Honored Contributor

Re: Mantel decoration suggestions...to finial or not to finial, that is my question.

@ripka junkie wrote:

lucymo you will love them.. They look like art glass the way the stem is made.  The orange is my favorrite of the 3 colors.  I purcchased "as is" they are perfect.

@ripka junkie  I hope I love them.  From the video I think I'd have to agree with you that the orange looks best.  Honestly, I thought the chocolate looked a little drab but since I have a lot of pieces in that color I went ahead and ordered it.  Watch it end up being my favorite.  Smiley Happy  I passed on these when they were first presented because I have so many pumpkins but it just stayed in my head and I started looking for them in 'as is'.

I'll post back tonight after I receive the orange and let you know what I think about that color.  Enjoy your day.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@crazycockermom wrote:
@SHOPR
Thank you so much! Yes, that is the ribbon wreath I was referring to! Maybe I'll order the berry one too and then I can trade off each year. I can envision them both working too. I like the set of three finials you posted. I just didn't know if 6 of the same would be too much.

I do think the red and green huge ones would go well, but the size does concern me a little. If I put them on the hearth, at least they are acrylic (I think) so I wouldn't worry about the dogs breaking them.

Regarding the stockings, thank you! I wanted something different for the mantel, googled personalized stockings and came across those. I thought it was cute they had ones with paws for dogs. I really appreciate your input!

@lucymo
Love be those acorns!

@crazycockermom  Thanks for the Acorn comment.  I thought of @SHOPR & @mousiegirl when I found the Acorns as I know how much they like that kind of pieces.  Hope you're having fun decorating.  My orange Valerie MG  Pumpkins are coming today and I sure hope they will be good ones.  Chocolate and Frost not even near me yet.  

@lucymo  I hope your pumpkies will be wonderful. Smiley Happy  Have you been to zulily today?  Oh deer, oh deeer, oh deer, what is one to do, lol!

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@crazycockermom wrote:
@SHOPR
Thank you so much! Yes, that is the ribbon wreath I was referring to! Maybe I'll order the berry one too and then I can trade off each year. I can envision them both working too. I like the set of three finials you posted. I just didn't know if 6 of the same would be too much.

I do think the red and green huge ones would go well, but the size does concern me a little. If I put them on the hearth, at least they are acrylic (I think) so I wouldn't worry about the dogs breaking them.

Regarding the stockings, thank you! I wanted something different for the mantel, googled personalized stockings and came across those. I thought it was cute they had ones with paws for dogs. I really appreciate your input!

@lucymo
Love be those acorns!

@crazycockermom  Thanks for the Acorn comment.  I thought of @SHOPR & @mousiegirl when I found the Acorns as I know how much they like that kind of pieces.  Hope you're having fun decorating.  My orange Valerie MG  Pumpkins are coming today and I sure hope they will be good ones.  Chocolate and Frost not even near me yet.  

@lucymo  I hope your pumpkies will be wonderful. Smiley Happy  Have you been to zulily today?  Oh deer, oh deeer, oh deer, what is one to do, lol!

@mousiegirl  How's the back?  Hope it's much better and you will soon be back to normal.

Yes, I know about the deer.  DH is looking at me with evil eyes.  lol  But, when it comes to Reindeer, I have absolutely no common sense.  We've got to be strong and resist or move to a block long four story house with an attached  two story storage room.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl@ripka junkie@crazycockermom

Well, I received the orange MG Pumpkins in apparent good condition and I'm testing the timers now.   I do love these in the orange color and hopefully the others will be just as good.  I'm anxious to get the Chocolate and Frost.

My DH: More Pumpkins?  How many of them do you actually have?

Me:  Well, obviously not enough or I wouldn't be buying more, now would I? 

Not sure that's the truth but it's my story.........

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

Well, I received the orange MG Pumpkins in apparent good condition and I'm testing the timers now.   I do love these in the orange color and hopefully the others will be just as good.  I'm anxious to get the Chocolate and Frost.

@lucymo  and you're sticking to it, LOL!

Respected Contributor

@lucymo
Glad they arrived in good condition! I think the orange ones are great, a really nice orange, not too orange. My DH likes the chocolate ones better, go figure. I think they are all nice. I was most unsure about the frost but was pleasantly surprised when I saw hem irl. I want to put three on the dining room table. Not sure how I'm going to mix and match them.

LOL at your DH. I think my DH doesn't know what to say about all the packages I've received over the last month or so. I could open my own pumpkin patch...
Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo  and you're sticking to it, LOL!

@mousiegirl  You know I am.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:
@lucymo
Glad they arrived in good condition! I think the orange ones are great, a really nice orange, not too orange. My DH likes the chocolate ones better, go figure. I think they are all nice. I was most unsure about the frost but was pleasantly surprised when I saw hem irl. I want to put three on the dining room table. Not sure how I'm going to mix and match them.

LOL at your DH. I think my DH doesn't know what to say about all the packages I've received over the last month or so. I could open my own pumpkin patch...

@crazycockermom  My other pumpkins will come Friday if delivered by UPS or Saturday if  USPS brings them.  I dislike that Sure Post they use sometimes, adds an extra day to the wait.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SHOPR wrote:

IMG_1731.JPG

@crazycockermom, Is this the ribbon pinecone wreath that you mentioned as a possiblility?

If so, I like both this wreath and the red and green glitter berry wreath, and I'd have a difficult time deciding, because I can see both going with whimsical:

22 Glitter Berry Wreath by Valerie - H208701

Have you considered these whimsical finials instead of the larger set? If you wanted symmetry, you'd have to buy 2 sets, though. 

http://www.qvc.com/As-Is-Set-of-3-Whimsical-Mercury-Glass-Finials-by-Valerie.product.H210269.html?sc...

As Is Set of 3 Whimsical Mercury Glass Finials by Valerie - H210269

If I went with the larger finials, I think I would like red and green best, but I would be tempted to try placing them on the hearth instead of the mantel, to pull together the entire fireplace.   

29 Oversized Swirl Design Finial by Valerie - H206886

I love your stockings.  I've never seen that type before.  How fun. 

Let us know what you decide.  I'm sure it will look great.  :-)

@SHOPR (or anyone who still may be reading this thread, lol)

With either of the wreaths that SHOPR so kindly posted a pic of, what do you think of two of these trees (in red, green or silver)

image.pngOr two of these (in gold or silver)

image.pngPardon the gigantic pics.  Still trying to figure this out. 

While I like the finials, I think the large ones are too big and 6 of the smaller ones are too many.