Respected Contributor

Re: Mantel decoration suggestions...to finial or not to finial, that is my question.

@mousiegirl

Thanks for the ideas!  I need to place an order at amazon so will take a look at the blocks.

Honored Contributor

Re: Mantel decoration suggestions...to finial or not to finial, that is my question.

@crazycockermom wrote:

@mousiegirl

Thanks for the ideas!  I need to place an order at amazon so will take a look at the blocks.

@crazycockermom  these are what I bought.

Guidecraft 5 Pc. Hardwood Unit Block Set G7600

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@crazycockermom

159f2a1f-75e9-480d-b8fc-f2768321b7e2_400.jpg

I took a piece of wood like this that I had left from some project & cut it into pieces of various heights.

Not fancy (actually free!) but, like someone said, they are covered up by garlands anyways.

I use some in my gardens too to set lawn ornaments & critters on in amongst the plants.

I'd rather spend the money on another candle or something LOL!!!

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl and ChiliPepper
Thanks so much! Great ideas.
Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl @SHOPR  100_2865.jpg

Look what I found, big (3"x2") real looking beaded Acorns. $1.50 for three in a package. A little local store but they only had  two pkgs so I got them.  I procrastinated too long to get the ones at P1 with the free shipping. 

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

Look what I found, big (3"x2") real looking beaded Acorns. $1.50 for three in a package. A little local store but they only had  two pkgs so I got them.  I procrastinated too long to get the ones at P1 with the free shipping. 

@lucymo  I like these better, look more realistic.  I pretty much finished ecorating the kitchen table yesterday, just waiting for some fairies that are arriving today. Smiley Happy

I will be decorating the island first with fairy and other Halloween decor, then in November will remove that and decorate for Thanksgiving.  The table will remain the same.  I am fooling around with the hutch decor now.  How is your decorating coming along?

My back is bad today, so only doing a little here and there.  I should probably go to bed for a week to let it heal, if it can, but there is so much to do, and everything requires bending.  My pups will get a nice snack when they come in as I dropped some crackers  on the floor and can't pick them up, lol.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo  I like these better, look more realistic.  I pretty much finished ecorating the kitchen table yesterday, just waiting for some fairies that are arriving today. Smiley Happy

I will be decorating the island first with fairy and other Halloween decor, then in November will remove that and decorate for Thanksgiving.  The table will remain the same.  I am fooling around with the hutch decor now.  How is your decorating coming along?

My back is bad today, so only doing a little here and there.  I should probably go to bed for a week to let it heal, if it can, but there is so much to do, and everything requires bending.  My pups will get a nice snack when they come in as I dropped some crackers  on the floor and can't pick them up, lol.

@mousiegirl  You should rest if you can at all.  I know you want to decorate but a couple days rest might pay off later.  I know the dogs will clean the floor for you, ours sure will.

I will never be finished with the decorating, I keep changing it around and still have a few things to come in and that may be early next week before the pumpkins come that I ordered last.  I ordered all three colors in Valerie's MG ones from 'as is' and I don't know if they will be good or not.  Of course we don't know if it's regular priced products either.

I hope your back will heal real soon so you can feel like doing the important  decorating stuff.  That's a bummer.  Woman Sad

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

IMG_1731.JPG

@crazycockermom, Is this the ribbon pinecone wreath that you mentioned as a possiblility?

If so, I like both this wreath and the red and green glitter berry wreath, and I'd have a difficult time deciding, because I can see both going with whimsical:

22 Glitter Berry Wreath by Valerie - H208701

Have you considered these whimsical finials instead of the larger set? If you wanted symmetry, you'd have to buy 2 sets, though. 

http://www.qvc.com/As-Is-Set-of-3-Whimsical-Mercury-Glass-Finials-by-Valerie.product.H210269.html?sc...

As Is Set of 3 Whimsical Mercury Glass Finials by Valerie - H210269

If I went with the larger finials, I think I would like red and green best, but I would be tempted to try placing them on the hearth instead of the mantel, to pull together the entire fireplace.   

29 Oversized Swirl Design Finial by Valerie - H206886

I love your stockings.  I've never seen that type before.  How fun. 

Let us know what you decide.  I'm sure it will look great.  :-)

Esteemed Contributor

@lucymo, Oh wow, I love anything beaded.  Lucky, lucky you!!!  :-)

Esteemed Contributor

@lucymo, @mousiegirl, I still have fall stuff in the attic to get down.  I have out many of the things I bought this year, but that's it so far.  You two are way ahead of me.  It's ok, though, because it's early yet, especially since the weather is still screaming summer at the moment. 

mousiegirl, please take care of yourself and allow your back the rest it needs.