Honored Contributor

Re: Magic of Lights drive through

@Icegoddess wrote:

They have been doing this for 25 years at our Botanical Gardens.

Also this year we have a new baseball team and brand new stadium for them that hasn't been able to see a ball game yet.  But, they are also doing a 1 1/2 mile drive through light show too.

Honored Contributor

There's places on the outskirts of our city that offer the drive thru.....great option this year!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Occasional Contributor

Also in Lakemont Park, Altoona, PA

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 

Shady Brook Farms is our family night out tradition.  I'm amazed how big it's gotten and how many light displays.

When we first started going there (many moons ago when kidswere little) you drove thru and the fee was "donation" now if I recall it's $35.

We always stop at the gingerbread house for hot chocolate and yummy cookies.

We willgo thru. around12/21 this year with our new great nephew. He's gonna love it!!!

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@haddon9 

Shady Brook Farms is our family night out tradition.  I'm amazed how big it's gotten and how many light displays.

When we first started going there (many moons ago when kidswere little) you drove thru and the fee was "donation" now if I recall it's $35.

We always stop at the gingerbread house for hot chocolate and yummy cookies.

We willgo thru. around12/21 this year with our new great nephew. He's gonna love it!!!

@homedecor1   We've lived in the area for almost 29 years and have been going there just as long. We went last year after not seeing the light display for a few years and yes I was surprised to see that it was $35.00 per carload...I look at it as helping to keep the local farm going.

I remember how much smaller it was when we first started to go....do you remember the drive through light display at Core Creek Park in Langhorne?  It had a lot of nice lights and it only lasted a few years...from what I recall neighbors who lived near the park got fed up with the traffic,  Shadybrook Farm got several of Core Creek Park's displays.

What fun it will be to see your young nephew's face when he sees all of the lights...like magic! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 

Yes, Core Creek Park was always a stop when the kids were young.

The Shady Brook Farms display is just amazing -- keeping 🤞🏻I will go home for holiday this year.  Things right now are "on hold".

Growing up in Washington Crossing we always went to the re-enactment of Washington crossing the Delaware then onto skating at Buckmans pond (when we were kids).  A perfect Christmas Day.  

My kids had gone to re-enactment most of their younger years.  I'd like to take my GD this year as she is just learning about these historical events in school.  

Have a great holiday season to you & yours🎄🎄🎄

homedecor1

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 Thanks so much! 

We've been to the reenactment in Washington's Crossing a few times.  My son was active in scouts when growing up and they sometimes went to the dress rehearsal....Christmas day was usually too hectic for us to go then.

You have a wonderful holiday too & I hope you & your family stays healthy! Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

@LdyBugz  My sister had mentioned this to me!  So glad you brought it up.  I am on the east coast for Thanksgiving and Christmas and would love to do this in MA!

Trusted Contributor

@missxmas  I hope you have fun while you are here in MA and get to see this light show!  Looks like it would be a nice outing!  😃

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you for posting this!

I am on the east end of Long Island and Jones Beach is on the west end.  It's only about a 45 minute drive from our house.  We purchased the ticket last night.  It is $25 per car.  Not bad!

We plan on going with our girls on Saturday, December 5th.  We will be in full holiday mode by then.  🎄🎅🦌