Honored Contributor

Re: MY FALL TREE AND SOME DECOR

@qvcfreak wrote:

You did an awesome job @mousiegirl  everything looks beautiful 

@qvcfreak   Thank you. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Everything is beautiful.    Sure makes my 3-4 pumpkins look puny.

How long does it take you to do all of that?

@mousiegirl wrote:

I see I forgot to move the stool when I took the tree picture.DSCF9974.JPG

Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal   A few weeks.  The tree, my first Fall tree, went quickly, but the arrangements, ten in the kitchen, and several elsewhere, take a while, in addition to going up and downstairs.

The tree is a skinny brown/green twig tree, but the picks, Valerie's, really made it look much wider.  I am disappointmed that the many birds with extremely long tails didn't show up well in the photo.

Honored Contributor

Well, goodness, you are quite something with your decorating skills!  Do you hire yourself out?  If not, you should!  LOL!  Do you have a large storage area for all of your beautiful things?

Your fall displays are spectacular!  I  can't even imagine what your Christmas displays will be like!!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Well, goodness, you are quite something with your decorating skills!  Do you hire yourself out?  If not, you should!  LOL!  Do you have a large storage area for all of your beautiful things?

Your fall displays are spectacular!  I  can't even imagine what your Christmas displays will be like!!!!  

@AngelPuppy1   Thank you. Smiley Happy   If I were younger, I think I would look into making arrangements, of course, I would need to improve my skill.

Well, I do have large areas for storage, but they are all full, lol.  I was supposed to have the entire rec room for my florals, I keep them in the large Martha Stewart garden bags she sold here, but now get them at the Home Depot, but DH moved his office from SF to the rec room, so he took over one third of the room.

Every season, I go shopping in my rec room and pick what I want to use in arrangements.  Of course, I shop throughout the year for new florals, but will have to slow down on this.

Trusted Contributor

Absolutely gorgeous.  You are very talented.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl 

Thanks.   I don't know what a twig tree .  Is it a type of Xmas tree that you decorate for fall?   I googled it but none of the pictures look like a real tree.  They were all modern and scraggly looking.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl 

That's a wonderful gift you have!  I know people wouldn't hesitate to pay for your help!  I always envied people who are crafty and have an eye for these things.  My mother was like this and both my sisters are pretty good as well.  This gene seemed to have unfortunately skipped me!  It's so nice of you to share your pictures with us!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bridgegal wrote:

@mousiegirl 

Thanks.   I don't know what a twig tree .  Is it a type of Xmas tree that you decorate for fall?   I googled it but none of the pictures look like a real tree.  They were all modern and scraggly looking.

@Bridgegal   It's made of simulated twigs as opposed to needles.  I wanted a brown looking the tree and this is what I found.  If you want a better look, The Home Depot has them now, think I bought mine at Walmart, though saw it later on zulily.

Sterling 6 ft. Pre-Lit Hard Needle Brown Twig Artificial Christmas Tree with 400 Clear Lights