Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

A close up of the tree skirt. It is ruffled and red, couldn't believe my DSCF9726.JPGeyes when I found it, just love red and ruffles. Smiley Happy

@mousiegirl  Love the tree skirt and really love the polar bears with it.  Great job.

@lucymo  Before I found the tree skirt, I bought nine of Lisa's white poinsettias thinking that I would surround the tree with them.  After I bought the skirt, which I could not resist, I wondered what on earth I could do with all of the poinsettias.  Today, I figured it out, and I was glad to see that I was able to still use them around the tree. Smiley Happy

@mousiegirl  Glad that worked out for you.  I have those Poinsettias too, six white and six red.  I love them.  I got mine in 'as is' last year.  I love the polar bears.

@lucymo  Re the larger polar bears, each one arrived with one broken eye, so I found only larger eyes at Joanne's, and I actually like the big eyes as they make the bears faces look much cuter. Smiley Happy

I bought the red poinsettias "as is"  in 2014 but couldn't find them this year, lol, but I am sure they will appear one day.

I got my poinsettias in 2014 as well, I forget it's 2016   now.  Smiley Happy

@lucymo @SHOPR  Did you notice the white fox curled on  a lower tree branch at the right of the tree?  I forgot about him until I just looked at my tree. Smiley Happy  I didn't know where to put him so just set him there, though I know foxes don't sleep on tree branches, lol.

@mousiegirl  If the fox wants to take a nap on the Christmas tree it's fine.  Christmas decor is magical and  that's where the fun comes in.  I wasn't real sure what he was when I saw him there. I love all the white critters. 

Respected Contributor

mousiegirl, love your Christmas decorations. I went all out this year 2015 more than I normally do. We had a big Christmas dinner with friends from our church, I wanted our home to feel and look festive. We pulled it off Woman Very Happy 

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@mousiegirl, I definitely noticed some of Valerie's and other QVC things.  I have one of the CI pillars with painted pine cones like yours.  I used it in a lantern this year.  I'm still liking it after several years, and they just don't quit!

I have gotten some nice things, too, from Zulily, and I agree with you about their good service if something isn't right.  I have purposefully gotten out of the habit of going there because I'd always find things I wanted but didn't need.  Now I only go there if someone here mentions something specific, or if I'm already looking around for something, then I'll check there just in case they also have it.  I'm trying to stay away from Zulily, even though I know that they have some really cute things and good prices. 

Your white tree in your red room is so pretty.  I love the red ruffled tree skirt, too. 

I need to start un-decorating now, but may wait a little longer. 

@SHOPR  That's exactly what is happening to me.  I usually find something, and if a day or two go by without finding something, I am relieved, lol.  I saw some items in September, and bought them, as they gave me an idea for my Spring decor display, so I am all set, I hope.  Smiley Happy

@mousiegirl, You may say that you're all set for Spring decorating, but if you're like me, you will find more things that you just can't pass up.  :-)

I already have all the Spring/Easter decorations that I want to display, but that never seems to stop me.  I will say that I went in Big Lots last week and saw their Spring items.  I surprised myself when I left without buying anything.  I had my hands on a few things more than once, but put them all back.  It's early yet, though, and I can't be good forever. ;-)

Oh, and I didn't notice the white fox in your tree at first.  What a cute idea you had. 

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SHOPR@lucymo, @Peter DM, the white tree in the red room pics are up, finally finished today. Smiley Happy    The porcelain bell is at the top of the tree, not very visible in the picture.  Lisa's birds aren't very visible, but there are lots on the tree, and in person, they are very visible. Smiley Happy

@mousiegirl, I got a mention from you last night that has led me back to this January thread.  LOL.  I have no idea what is going on, but it has been very fun looking back through your photos from last Christmas.  I am still amazed at the amount of work you put into decorating.  Makes me look very lazy.  ;-)

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SHOPR@lucymo, @Peter DM, the white tree in the red room pics are up, finally finished today. Smiley Happy    The porcelain bell is at the top of the tree, not very visible in the picture.  Lisa's birds aren't very visible, but there are lots on the tree, and in person, they are very visible. Smiley Happy

@mousiegirl, I got a mention from you last night that has led me back to this January thread.  LOL.  I have no idea what is going on, but it has been very fun looking back through your photos from last Christmas.  I am still amazed at the amount of work you put into decorating.  Makes me look very lazy.  ;-)

@mousiegirl@SHOPR   This is like a trip back in time.  lol 

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SHOPR  How strange, LOL.  I did edit a few spelling errors yesterday, I keep my threads floated to the top, while I was looking to see if I used Valerie's lit pinecones in the table forest theme, lol.