Honored Contributor

MORE CERAMIC "CRITTER" GIFTS

[ Edited ]

Boston Warehouse makes such a huge range of useful, affordable, animal figurals-- I was thinking, these would make cute gifts, stocking stuffer-type gifts, etc. for animal lovers especially.

Of course, I first noticed their owls-  which come in cookie jars, salt and peppers, mugs, even kitchen "scrubby" holders:

51Fxo6fPrQL.jpg

10503_Artsy-Owls-Salt_and_Pepper_Set__17186.1497896219.jpg

Those salt and pepper shakers are so cute, and they come in different colors.  These gray and aqua ones are called the "arty" owls I think:

s-l500.jpg

64825bb3-df2d-4be2-ae44-b2b12299f7fe.png

But owls are just the beginning.  They have almost any critter you can think of.  I like this Scottie canister.  (Later correction-- not Scottie, but French bulldog!  Good grief!)

m_5d6c6f0a689ebc246ab0104e.jpg

98073_10000_boston-warehouse-flea-market-scrubby-multi-colour-ceramic-scrubby-holder.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

You can pay tribute to your pet lobster, even, with your mug.

s-l640.jpggiraffe_mug_Boston_Warehouse__63822.1497895797.jpg

They're so widely available, through Amazon or Walmart or many other sources.  There are tons of cute "discontinued" ones on ebay too.   So colorful, with a playful, naive quality.

Honored Contributor

Re: MORE CERAMIC "CRITTER" GIFTS

Oh, my goodness, I just realized what I was blithely  labeling a "Scottie" canister, was really a French bulldog one!!  Can you Scottie and French bulldog owners forgive me?   In penance, here are a few more of their sweet doggies, like this pensive pug in a sweater.  They make him in lots of things besides mugs too:

And this little guy, not sure what he is, but he's precious:

And this darling Chihuahua spoon rest or trinket dish:

33805__1__08489.1548943004.jpg

Respected Contributor

These little critters are gorgeous. I love all of them!!!

Honored Contributor

I love all the items and would be happy with any one of this type of decor.  I already have a cat scrubber, a frog which holds Brillo pads and other cute critters scattered about!  

I look more now than buy as I have so much.  I do like the different color owls pictured, they are adorable!

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell 

@spiderw 

@GAQShopr53 

If you love these small, hinged jars, I discovered a place that has super low pricing on them.

Oldies.com 

I recently bought a bunch of them to use as "treat jars" for my gift baskets.  The kitty style and pug style are adorable in person.

But, they really do have a huge variety and the best pricing I found -- most under $10.

They are all adorable!

Honored Contributor

Great tip, @Witchy Woman --  thanks!

Respected Contributor

Thank you @Witchy Woman  I saw several things I want from this site...I added a pic of one of my finds:

Terrier - Figural Fun Mug

Honored Contributor

Witchy Woman !

Thank you for the link to the oldies site, it is fantastic, lots of wonderful items!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell   Since you like owls you would enjoy reading this month's issue of Birds & Bloom magazine.  The cover story is about owls.  I read it this morning in the doctor's office, and it was very interesting.  It was called Owl Secrets Revealed.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I sure would, thoughtful @NickNack!  Hubby likes that magazine too.  Thanks for the heads-up!