Respected Contributor

Luminara at Frontgate

[ Edited ]

Well, they don't call them Luminara, they call them Dream candles at Frontgate. They have the oversize (6 inch diameter) on sale plus 27% off. They are in red, gray and ivory with the rustic finish.

I just got all three sizes in the red - 6 inch, 10 inch and 14 inch - for $117 which includes shipping and tax!

QVC has only the ivory now but the total here would be $216 plus $16.50 shipping plus tax.

Just thought I would let you know in case anyone here was wanting these oversize candles.

Esteemed Contributor

Considering Frontgate has some pretty high end items and pricing it goes to show you how much QVC price gouges.

Respected Contributor
Wow - what a great deal. Thanks for sharing!
Regular Contributor

Wow what a great deal!  I'm going to check it out now, thanks

Honored Contributor

Re: Luminara at Frontgate

[ Edited ]

@froggy wrote:

Well, they don't call them Luminara, they call them Dream candles at Frontgate. They have the oversize (6 inch diameter) on sale plus 27% off. They are in red, gray and ivory with the rustic finish.

I just got all three sizes in the red - 6 inch, 10 inch and 14 inch - for $117 which includes shipping and tax!

QVC has only the ivory now but the total here would be $216 plus $16.50 shipping plus tax.

Just thought I would let you know in case anyone here was wanting these oversize candles.

@froggy  You realize that the "red" will not be a true red, but "burgundy," as with most of their so called red.  I have only received true red in votives of several years ago, the following year though named red, they were burgundy.and for Christmas I like true red, BUT, these are tempting as I have the ivory in all sizes, and the chocolate in the medium size which are huge.

For some weird reason, burgundy always photographs as red.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@froggy wrote:

@froggy  You realize that the "red" will not be a true red, but "burgundy," as with most of their so called red.  I have only received true red in votives of several years ago, the following year though named red, they were burgundy.and for Christmas I like true red, BUT, these are tempting as I have the ivory in all sizes, and the chocolate in the medium size which are huge.

@mousiegirl

Yes I know-they even call it burgundy. I'll be able to use them with everyday decor as well as Christmas. I couldn't resist at that price.

Honored Contributor

@froggy wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@froggy wrote:

@mousiegirl

Yes I know-they even call it burgundy. I'll be able to use them with everyday decor as well as Christmas. I couldn't resist at that price.

@froggy  I bought two 10" grey, one 6" grey, and one 6" burgundy.  Storage, what the heck is that, LOL!  Fortunately, we don't use one side of the kitchen table, was meant to be a dining room table, very long and heavy, so I tuck things under the table on that side, never seen, and out of the way.

Respected Contributor

@froggy  I bought two 10" grey, one 6" grey, and one 6" burgundy.  Storage, what the heck is that, LOL!  Fortunately, we don't use one side of the kitchen table, was meant to be a dining room table, very long and heavy, so I tuck things under the table on that side, never seen, and out of the w

@mousiegirl

Yes that's the trouble with these candles - they are huge! That's probably why I'll use the burgundy ones year round. I have a set of the ivory that I got at flamelesscandleshop.com when they had a sale earlier this year. I do like the gray but don't know how I'd use them.

Honored Contributor

@froggy  I think I will use the grey this Christmas with silver deer I have, and maybe in next summer's display.  The chocolate are a heavy color, fine for Fall, and now they are on the kitchen table with my summer display this year, families of bunnies, so grey will lighten up whatever display I create, but now I will have the grey in mind when creating.

The ivory stays out all year, so no storage issue with those.  I was reorganizing decor closets today, a neverending task, and was really getting the Fall decorating itch, but I won't do it for another month yet, still so much to do in the garden, so that takes up my days.

Respected Contributor

I received my  oversize "Burgundy" candles today and I would call them more red than burgundy. I am, on the whole, happy about that, but they are dark enough to use outside the holidays.